Begin Again (Story)

Summary:

So, I actually have two versions of this. One is a little thought I had and put it on Tumblr, the other was a stor I tried to write on here, but deleted it because I just couldn't write it.!!!

*

I strapped Tyler into his travel carrier and grabbed the duffle bag with our necessities. I couldn't stay in the same house as him anymore. He was mocking my feeling for him, that I had been able to lock away for the past six months. I am in love with Bram Elhers and he's never given a rat's ass about my feelings. Luke asked why I hadn't told Bram about the baby in the first place, even though we both knew he'd find out when he came home form his first semester at college. The truth is that I had planned on telling him when I went up there on Columbus Day weekend, but he had broken my heart once again when I found him in his dorm with his tongue down some blonde chick's throat. I was going to tell him again at Christmas, but he never came home. And by the time my baby was due, it was too late.

Luke promised me that he would beat the shite out of Bram if he hurt me again, and he did hurt me again. I just didn't want to be around when my big brother did. I grabbed my purse and pulled out a notepad and pen to give Bram some sort of explination. He deserved that, and only that.

Bram,

If you haven't noticed already, I've taken my son and left. I can't be around you anymore. You keep hurting my heart and you don't even realize it. I know this may not mean much to you, but it means everything to me that you at least considered how I feel. I know that you know how I've always felt about you. I could tolerate it when you'd go out and get drunk and smell like other women. But catching you on the couch with one tore my heart apart.

Luke will be coming by the house sometime this week to beat the shite out of you. Please just leave me alone for a while, I need time to cool off. Mom will call you when she has Tyler so you can go and see him.

Lacey

I set the paper on the counter and grabbed the baby carrier off of the floor and just left.

I camped out at Luke's apartment for a week, wallowing in my own misery before I snapped back to my senses and realized that leaving Bram was for the best. In fact, Luke even set up a date for me with one of his close friends. I had to get over him. It would be for the best. I wouldn't keep him from seeing Tyler, no child should be kept away from a loving parent. I just couldn't face him right now.

"Lacey?" A very handsom man asked, standing over me. I quickly stood and smiled at him.

"The one and only! You must be Richard." I said as I pulled him into a hug. "Luke's told me so much about you."

"Luckily I can say the same." He chuckled. "Hopefully you weren't waiting too long. Are you dressed properly?"

"Yes, but I don't know why I need to be dressed so warmly." I said, following him down the street. "We're going ice skating he replied... and I lost the mojo...