Grimm

Summary:

In the 1780's two boys, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were born. They had three other brothers and one sister that lived older than a year old. Over the years, the two brothers wrote several fairy tales; some of them about mystical creatures that don't exist, at least, not to the Grimm siblings.

The six Grimm sibling's families grew, and grew over the centuries, to the point where the Second World War cut our family size down to a few dozen. Now, there are barely a dozen of us left. I am one of them.

My name is Aspen Grimm, my father was a Grimm and my mother was a regular person. She left us when I was five; she thought my father and I were crazy because we could see the creatures when she couldn't. My best friend is Bentley Grimm-Stevens; he is my cousin six times removed. By law, it is legal for us to marry, but we act so much like siblings, we would only get married to make sure we continue the Grimm bloodline.

*

In the 1780's two boys, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm were born. They had three other brothers and one sister that lived older than a year old. Over the years, the two brothers wrote several fairy tales; some of them about mystical creatures that don't exist, at least, not to the Grimm siblings. The six Grimm sibling's families grew, and grew over the centuries, to the point where the Second World War cut our family size down to a few dozen. Now, there are barely a dozen of us left. I am one of them.

My name is Aspen Grimm, my father was a Grimm and my mother was a regular person. She left us when I was five; she thought my father and I were crazy because we could see the creatures when she couldn't. My best friend is Bentley Grimm-Stevens; he is my cousin six times removed. By law, it is legal for us to marry, but we act so much like siblings, we would only get married to make sure we continue the Grimm bloodline. I am fifteen years old, Bentley is seventeen and we've both killed over one hundred Wessen since we could wield an axe. We both lost our parents when we were young and were sent to Grandmother Rose's home, seeing as she was our last surviving relative. She raised us and taught us how to survive.

When I was twelve, she told me a Wessen called "X" killed my father. I promised my Grandmother that I would find his murderer and kill him. My Grandmother Rose died when I was thirteen; a blutbot attacked her in cold blood. Bentley and I sold the house and lived in her car up until now. We travel around the country, finding Wessen and only killing them if they attack first. At the moment, our home is New York City, where lots of murderous Wessen live. The one I'm looking for was last seen here, and my hope is that he's still here. Bentley was worried about my 'obsession' with this "X". It's not an obsession at all, it's a vendetta. But I understand why he's so worried, I'm his family and he doesn't want to lose me. I didn't want to lose him either, but he had to understand my reason for wanting this guy dead.

We did most of our hunting during the night, when most people were asleep. It was easier and less messy with the police. Some Wessen work on the police force, mainly the Hexen Beast, it would cause one hell of a mess. Bentley always had my back no matter what, and I had his. Bentley and I walked the streets of New York during the day, finding the Wessen from the regular people. We walked hand in hand, disguising ourselves as a young, college couple. It was quite easy since we looked nothing alike. We would act like a proper couple, kissing and holding each other. It got tiresome after a while.

Anyways, let's get on with our story.

Bentley duct-taped a small axe to my back after I put out the fire. Money had been scarce lately, we only spent it when we were truly hungry or needed gas. We had finally had an order from a man with royal blood to kill an X. Bentley thought it'd be a bad idea taking this job, mainly because of my obsession with catching my father's killer. But I wanted to catch this monster; he had killed the royal's wife and son in a fit of rage. I didn't want that to happen to another family.

"Aspen," Bentley mumbled, turning me around. "Please think this through. I can do by myself. I don't need to lose you if this is the X that killed your father." He turned me around and looked me in the eye.

I smiled and kissed his forehead reassuringly. "I promise I'll be fine, Bentley. Both of us will come back here in one piece."

"Aspen, don't treat me like I'm five. I know how badly you want to--"

"Bentley!" I snapped, punching him in the chest. "This is not a fucking revenge mission! We are doing a job so we can get paid and eat food because I'm eight pounds shy of being anorexic!"... again, no more mojo...