4; hugs

trigger warning: mentions of alcoholism

Mitch dragged himself through the next few days. They were absolute hell for him, but when were they not?

Scott was on Mitch's mind constantly. Whenever things got really bad, he just brought himself back to that hug they shared in the bathroom, and he felt a little better. He wanted another, but he knew that was highly unlikely. He couldn't ask his Alphas to go see him, and he very well couldn't go see him himself, so hugging Scott again was out of the question.

His opportunity came when Bryce, Luke, Derrick, and Zach decided that they had had enough of Mitch and packed their bags for a vacation. Bryce sent his brother to care for Mitch — or, really, make sure he didn't escape — and then, they were gone.

Bryce's brother was an alcoholic. Often, he slept all day and drank all night, so all Mitch had to do was sneak out and return before Carson awoke.

Mitch's heart was racing as he sneaked downstairs, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He was as quiet as a mouse as he crept past Carson's unconscious body on the couch, and he managed to slip out of the house without incident.

It was almost too good to be true. Mitch rushed down the sidewalk towards Scott's flower shop, his gaze on his feet so he wouldn't attract the attention of any Alphas. His heart leaped excitedly when he saw the glass door, and he quickly made it inside.

The smell of flowers engulfed him immediately. Scott looked up at the sound of the cheerful bell, and a small smile forms don his lips when he saw the small Omega. "Hey, Mitch. Long time no see."

Mitch blushed slightly and brushed his hair out of his eyes with shaking hands. "Y-Yes, sir. I- I just... wanted to see you..." he whispered shyly, peeking up at him.

Scott couldn't help but smile wider, his heart fluttering in his chest. "Oh. So you didn't come for my flowers," he teased, and Mitch giggled quietly, surprising both himself and Scott. It felt like it had been forever since he'd laughed. "Oh, my gosh, your laugh is so cute," Scott told him, laughing a bit himself.

Mitch blushed and shrugged slightly, timidly coming inside to stand by the counter. "Not really, sir, but thank you. M-May I sit?" he asked, gesturing to the counter.

Scott nodded with a small smile, filling a pot with dirt. "Of course." Mitch carefully jumped up onto the counter and sat, swinging his legs absentmindedly. Scott smiled fondly and carefully set the pot down on it was full, then took off his gloves and haphazardly threw them into a drawer. "So. Is there any particular reason you wanted to see me?" he asked, leaning against the counter.

Mitch was suddenly extremely aware of how muscly Scott's arms were, and his heart rate picked up a few notches. "W-Well, um, y-you told me to c-come find you if I n-needed something..."

"I did. What do you need?"

"Um..." Mitch hesitated, blushing lightly. "I- I was wondering if I could have another h-hug, sir."

Scott chuckled and straightened up again, and Mitch's heart fell. "You came all the way here to ask for a hug?" he asked, amusement clearly in his voice.

Mitch blushed more and nodded, nervously playing with his fingers. "Y-Yes, sir. I don't get many at home," he said quietly, and Scott smiled slightly, gently pulling Mitch off the counter and into his arms.

"If you were my Omega, I would hug you so much you'd get tired of it," he murmured, pressing a kiss to Mitch's hair.

Mitch's heart fluttered in his chest, a blush forming on his cheeks. "Thank you, sir."