24; scott's birthday

When Scott's birthday rolled around, Mitch stayed home from the flower shop to get ready for it. Scott tried to tell him he didn't have to do anything, but Mitch insisted and gave him one last kiss before he ushered him out the door.

Mitch couldn't do much, since he didn't have money of his own or any friends to take him out to get Scott a present, so he resorted to drawing his Alpha a picture. His tongue stuck out in concentration as he colored in the drawing, his brow furrowed. Every so often, he glanced at the picture of him and Scott that he had as his lock screen, doing his best to recreate it accurately.

The picture took most of the day — he started over multiple times whenever he messed up, and even by the time he gave up, he still didn't like it. However, it was getting late and Scott would be getting home soon, so he rushed downstairs, looked up how to use an oven and how to make a pizza, and followed the instructions to make their dinner that night. Luckily, he managed to do so without hurting himself.

Mitch glanced at the clock, and he squeaked in alarm when he saw that his time was running out. He scurried upstairs and changed into the clothes he'd set aside for Scott that night, then carefully rolled up his drawing and tied a ribbon he found to keep it closed. He'd just finished hiding it when he heard the door opening. "Baby?" Scott called as he stepped inside, setting his keys in the dish and kicking off his shoes.

Mitch made his way downstairs and nervously brushed his hair out of his eyes, offering Scott a small smile. "Hi, Alpha."

Scott looked over at the sound of his voice, and his breath was taken away at the sight. "Whoa," he breathed, his eyes trailing over Mitch's body. "That-... Wow. You look gorgeous."

Mitch blushed and slowly walked over to Scott, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. "You think so?" he asked timidly, but Scott nodded almost instantly.

"Yes. God, yes. I am the luckiest Alpha in the world."

Mitch was wearing a short, simple black dress that they had gotten for him on that initial shopping spree all those months before. It was loose and hardly touched his body at all, and the sleeves only went just past his shoulders. Scott had completely forgotten about this dress, but now that Mitch was wearing it, he never wanted Mitch to take it off.

Mitch blushed more, but he pressed himself against Scott's chest and took his hand, using it to push his dress up and leaving it on his bare hip. "I made us dinner, Alpha," he murmured in his ear, doing his best to be seductive, "and after, you can have dessert."

Scott shivered and snaked his arms around Mitch's waist, pulling Mitch closer. "Oh, fuck. Okay. Don't- Don't repeat that."

Mitch smiled shyly and stepped away from him, taking his hand instead. "I won't, Alpha. Come on."

Scott followed Mitch to the table, and he immediately smiled at the sight. "Oh, angel, you made pizza? All by yourself?"

Mitch blushed and nodded. "Yes, Alpha. I didn't hurt myself, either. S-Sit down, please," he murmured, pulling out the chair for Scott to sit. Scott smiled and thanked him, kissing his cheek. Mitch blushed more and busied himself with preparing Scott a plate, trying to hide his shaking hands.

He didn't know why he was so nervous. It was just Scott. Scott loved him, he wouldn't hurt him. Right?

Mitch gave Scott his plate and glass of milk before sitting down with him, playing with his fingers in his lap. He watched nervously as Scott took a bite. "Do you like it?" he asked timidly, barely able to keep his voice from shaking.

Scott smiled, to his relief, and leaned over to kiss his forehead. "I do, sweetheart. It's delicious. Thank you. Don't you want to get some for yourself?"

Mitch shook his head and switched chairs to the one next to Scott so he could rest his head on his shoulder. "No, Alpha. I'm not hungry."

Scott sighed and wrapped his arms around him, setting his chin on top of Mitch's head. "I love you," he murmured, and Mitch immediately curled into him, burying his face in his neck.

"I love you too, Alpha."

After they ate, Mitch led Scott to their bedroom. "It's time for dessert, Alpha," he whispered seductively, nipping at his earlobe with his teeth.

Scott shivered and absentmindedly toyed with the hem of Mitch's dress. "Can I take this off?"

Mitch nodded and murmured a soft, "Yes, Alpha," and Scott wasted no time in slipping the dress off of Mitch's body and tossing it aside.

+++

Mitch collapsed on top of his Alpha as soon as he'd released inside him, burying his face in his neck. Scott shakily lifted Mitch off of his length, threw away the condom, and adjusted Mitch so he could properly snuggle into him. He lay down, holding him close. "Did I make you feel good, Alpha?" Mitch whispered hoarsely, unable to bring himself to open his eyes.

Scott nodded and pressed a sloppy kiss to Mitch's forehead. "Yes, angel. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Alpha."

He allowed himself to stay there for a few more moments while he caught his breath and stopped shaking before he forced his eyes open. "I have one more thing for you, Alpha. It's- It's not much, I'm sorry," he whispered, pressing a kiss to his cheek as he carefully stood.

Scott frowned and opened his eyes as well when he felt Mitch's warmth leaving him, propping himself up against the pillows. "Where are you going?" he asked, not even trying to mask his disappointment.

Mitch blushed and glanced back at him as he pulled on Scott's shirt and retrieved the picture. He took a moment to gather his courage before making his way back over to Scott. "H-Here, Alpha," he murmured, sitting down beside him and tucking himself under his arm.

Scott smiled and kissed his head before he pulled on the ribbon to untie the bow and unrolled the picture. He smiled wider immediately, his heart warming up. "Oh, baby, it's beautiful..."

Mitch blushed and hid his face in Scott's shoulder. "N-Not really, Alpha. I'm sorry. I- I don't have any money to get you a real gift, s-so I thought-..." He cut himself off because his voice was shaking too much and he was visibly trembling, terrified of a punishment. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, princess. I love it. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Alpha. I- I-..." Mitch pressed himself against him, trying to bury himself in his arms. "You have been nicer to me than anyone I've ever met. And I- I know I've said this before, but... I would die for you, Alpha. Gladly. I don't think I will ever believe that I deserve you, but I will love you as long as I shall live. If one day you do realize that I don't deserve you and decide to leave me, I will allow it, because all I care about is your happiness. Not that you'd care about me anymore." He paused to get his voice to stop shaking. "I love you so, so much, Alpha. You're all I need."

"I'll never leave you, sweetheart," Scott whispered, setting the picture aside so he could hold Mitch even tighter. "I love you too."

Mitch sniffled and hid his face in Scott's neck, allowing Scott to lay down again and pull the covers over their naked bodies. "H-Happy birthday, Alpha."

"Thank you, angel. I love you."

"I love you too, Alpha. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, my princess."