48; the good place

trigger warning: mentions of abuse and rape

"Bye, Jakey. We'll see you tomorrow, okay? Please be safe," Mitch murmured, giving his son a hug as he handed him his sleepover bag. "Don't get into any trouble."

Jake rolled his eyes, even though there was a smile on his lips. "I won't, Mom. I'm seventeen, I know how to take care of myself." He hugged Mitch back, stooping a little since he was already much taller than his tiny mother.

"I just worry," Mitch mumbled before he pulled back and offered Jake a small smile. "I love you."

"I love you too, Mom. And I love you, Dad." Jake gave Scott a quick hug. "Now don't have too much fun, you two," he scolded playfully. "I quite enjoy being an only child and I don't want a sibling."

Mitch blushed and hid his face in his hands, but Scott just laughed. "Don't worry, you won't get one. I love you too, bud. Have fun."

Jake smiled and waved at them one last time before he walked out to his new friend's car. Mitch leaned into Scott's side as they waved goodbye.

When the car drove off, Scott pulled Mitch inside and pressed Mitch against the door. "We're alone, Mitchy," he murmured, resting his hands on Mitch's hips. "I have you all to myself."

Mitch closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the door as Scott began to kiss his neck. "What are you going to do, Alpha?" he whispered, his voice still sounding so innocent despite the countless times they'd made love.

"Show you how much I love you."

+++

After their endeavors, they were cuddling in bed. Mitch was laying half on top of Scott, his head on his bare chest, and his fingers traced soft patterns on his smooth skin. "Alpha?" he murmured without looking up at Scott.

Scott was almost asleep, but he roused himself enough to pay attention to his beloved. "Yes, angel?" he murmured back, running his fingers through Mitch's hair.

Mitch's eyes fluttered closed at the gentle touch. "I was thinking," he whispered, snuggling closer to his Alpha, "about the place all the good people go when they die and what it would be for me if I was going there. And... I think it's just this. You and me cuddling in bed forever. I wouldn't have any scars, and I wouldn't have been touched before we met like all good Omegas, and I wouldn't have caused you to have scars, and we would be happy. It would be nice and peaceful, Alpha. I wish I was going there."

Scott frowned a bit and looked down at Mitch. "You don't think you are?"

Mitch blinked up at him, a confused frown on his lips. "Of course I'm not, Alpha. Not after everything. The good place is only for Omegas that are innocent and pure for their Alphas and I wasn't. The good place is only for Omegas that didn't cause their Alphas to be kidnapped and traumatized for months after and I did. Bad Omegas don't get to go to the good place, Alpha."

"Oh, sweetheart..." Scott's frown deepened and he lovingly brushed Mitch's hair out of his eyes. "You've got it all wrong. Of course you're going there."

"No, Alpha." Mitch shook his head, blushing. "Bad Omegas don't get to go to the good place. I'll miss you when you go and Jakey when he goes, though."

Before Mitch knew it, he was laying underneath Scott, his wrists pinned over his head. Mitch's breathing hitched and he looked up at Scott with wide eyes, fear deep in the chocolate depths. Scott softened, but he held eye contact. "Listen to me, darling," he started, his voice soft and stern. "If anyone is going to the good place, it's you. You are the most selfless person I know. It was not your fault that you were abused and raped as a child, and it was not your fault that your old Alphas kidnapped me. You shouldn't blame yourself for other people's actions, my love."

"But they were my fault, Alpha," Mitch whispered, tears forming in his eyes. "My old Alphas hit me because I was bad and they used me because I was their slut. They took you away from me because you took me from them because I selfishly told you they were hurting me when they were just treating me like I deserved to be treated. It was all my fault, Alpha. I don't get to go to the good place."

Scott bent down to kiss him. "You are..." Kiss. "The most kind..." Kiss. "Loving..." Kiss. "Gentle..." Kiss. "Caring..." Kiss. "Beautiful..." Kiss. "Smart..." Kiss. "Selfless..." Kiss. "Perfect person..." Kiss. "In the entire..." Kiss. "Universe."

Mitch's blush deepened with every word, and he submitted to another kiss, this one longer and more passionate. "I love you with my entire heart, baby," Scott mumbled against his lips, "and so does everyone who meets you. You light up any room just by walking into it. Your smile brighter is than the fucking sun, angel. You are so, so beautiful, in every way, and you make me so goddamn happy. I would be lost without you. It breaks my heart that you think you're less than you are because you are the entire world. You're my entire world."

"Alpha..."

"It's all true, princess. For the twenty-one years we've been together, you've always made sure I was happy even if you were falling apart. And you've taken such good care of Jake. Sure, he messed up a few times, but you still love him with everything you have. He looks up to you, and so do I. You're the strongest person I know. Honey, if you don't get into the good place, then Jake and I definitely won't."

Mitch sniffled and pulled Scott down on top of him, hugging him tightly. "I love you, Alpha," he whispered, tears in his voice. "So much."

Scott pressed a kiss to Mitch's Mark. "I love you too, sweetheart."