32; pregnant

A year passed, and Mitch and Scott were happier than ever. Mitch's nightmares were getting less and less frequent, though he still had to sleep with Scott beside him every night. They had spoken about having kids, but at the ages of twenty-two and twenty-five, they agreed that they should wait at least a few years.

However, Mitch was worried he was pregnant. He got really weird cravings, and some mornings he would throw up. He never told Scott, though. He was too scared Scott would leave him, and he knew he wouldn't be able to handle it if Scott broke up with him.

One day, Mitch finally decided he had to test it. He stayed home from the flower shop and used one of the pregnancy tests Connie had given him before they left, and the five minutes it took to decide were some of the worst in his life. His anxiety levels were high and his mind raced, coming up with every single thing that could possibly go wrong. However, he told himself he needed to stay positive. There hadn't been a time when Scott had forgotten a condom, so the possibility of him being pregnant was really low. It was probably all just one big coincidence.

Mitch whimpered loudly when he saw the tiny green plus sign on the pregnancy test. His knees felt weak, so he sank to sit on the floor, the pregnancy test clattering out of his hand. Tears filled his eyes, and soon he was sobbing alone in the bathroom, holding himself tightly. He couldn't lose Scott. He couldn't. He wouldn't make it on his own.

His hands shook as he got out his phone to call Connie, not knowing what else to do. Maybe he could live with Connie and Rick once Scott kicked him out. After all, they were the closest thing to family he had.

"Oh, Mitchy, I'm so glad you called!"

Connie's cheery voice just made Mitch's heart ache more, and he curled up on the floor, trying to suppress his sobs. "H-Hi, ma'am," he said weakly, wondering how to tell her her son was probably going to kick him out and he needed a place to stay.

Connie didn't seem to notice that he was about to cry, and she continued to rush on. "I can't believe you and my son have already been married for a year! Can I expect grandkids anytime soon?" she asked, and Mitch flinched at the mention of kids.

"Um, a-about that," he whispered, wrapping his free arm around himself, "I'm pregnant."

Connie gasped, and he could hear her clapping through the phone. "I'm so happy for you two! How long have you known? How far along are you?"

"I j-just found out, ma'am. A-Alpha's at work," Mitch whispered, and the words reminded him to look at the clock. His heart jumped fearfully when he saw that Scott would be home in under an hour. "Um, I- I need to ask you a favor, m-ma'am."

"Of course, of course! What did you need? I'll be happy to knit the baby a blanket."

"N-No, ma'am, I need a place to stay."

That got Connie's attention. "What? Why?"

"Alpha said he wasn't ready for kids, ma'am. He's going to kick me out, a-and I need a place to stay." Mitch's voice was soft and weak and filled with heartbreak.

"Have you told him yet?"

"N-No, but..."

"Aw, Mitchy, Scott won't kick you out. I promise. He loves you more than anything in the entire world. I remember before you left he was talking to me about you, how beautiful you are and how sweet and kind and adorable and absolutely lovely you are and how much he adores you. He wouldn't leave you just because you were pregnant before he was ready. Besides, if he tried, I would give him a piece of my mind. You're family now, Mitchy."

Mitch whimpered and clutched himself tighter, trembling. "I- I just- I can't lose him, ma'am. He saved my life. I'm so, so scared he'll leave and I'll fall apart."

"You won't. Everything will be okay, I promise. Just tell him. He'll be elated."

+++

Mitch nervously played with his fingers as he waited for Scott's return, his heart pounding in his chest. Secretly, he'd packed a bag just in case Scott did kick him out.

When he heard the door open, he had to steady himself against the wall so he wouldn't collapse, and he shakily made his way to see Scott. "Hi, Alpha," he murmured, wrapping his arms around his waist in a hug.

Scott smiled and hugged him back instantly, and Mitch savored the feeling of being wrapped in Scott's arms for possibly the last time. "Hi, princess," Scott murmured, kissing his forehead. "How was your day?"

"It was okay, Alpha. I, um, I- I have something to tell you."

Scott frowned and nodded, pulling back to meet his eyes. "Of course. Is something wrong?"

Mitch sighed shakily and pulled Scott down to sit on the couch, trying to work up the courage to speak. "You... You might want to leave me after I tell you this, and I totally understand. I already packed a bag just in case," he said as steadily as he could, though his voice was still shaking quite terribly.

Scott frowned. "Baby, how many times do I have to tell you that I'll never leave you?" he asked gently, taking Mitch's hands. "It doesn't matter what it is. I will always love you."

Mitch's cheeks heated up and he shook his head, holding onto Scott's hands tightly. "You don't understand, Alpha. I... I'm pregnant."

There was silence for a moment as the words sank in, the only sound being Mitch's heart pounding in his ears, but soon a wide smile spread across Scott's lips and he attacked Mitch in a hug. "Oh, my God, Mitchy, that's wonderful!" he cried, burying his face in Mitch's neck. "We're going to be parents!"

Mitch squeaked in surprise. "Y-You're not mad?" he whimperd softly, even as he wrapped his arms around Scott.

Scott pulled away just enought to meet Mitch's eyes. "Of course not! Why would I be mad?"

"You- You said you weren't ready, sir..."

"Mitchy, I said that a month after we'd gotten married. It's been a year now. I would love more than anything to raise children with you. How long have you known?"

Relief washed over Mitch and he moved up to press himself against Scott's chest. "I just took the test this morning, Alpha, but I've suspected for a week or so," he whispered, wrapping his arms around his neck to rest his head on his shoulder. "I- I was so worried you would leave me..."

Scott shook his head and kissed behind his ear, cradling his boy against his chest. "I would never leave you, angel. We've been through this. I love you."

Mitch blushed and nuzzled against him. "I love you too, Alpha."

Scott smiled and stood, holding Mitch on his hip. "Come on. Let's go unpack your bag, yeah?"