25; traveling

"Okay, Mitchy. We've been together for almost a year, and I am already positive you're the one I want to spend my life with," Scott told his beloved Omega as they ate dinner a few months later. "Christmas is next week, and I want you to meet my family."

Mitch's eyes widened slightly and he looked up at Scott. "Wh-What? I- I- Alpha, they won't approve of me."

Scott shook his head and kissed his head, running his thumb over his knuckles comfortingly. "They better. I'll still marry you even if they don't. I don't care what they think," he murmured, caressing Mitch's cheek with his free hand. "You're the only one I want. We may be young, but I've never felt this way about anyone before. Whenever I used to read romance novels as a teenager, I would always think they were stupid because there was no way a single person could have this much impact on another person's life, but now I believe it. I would do anything for you, Mitchy. If you wanted me to cut off all of my fingers, I would. If you wanted to throw our lives away and go live in the Sahara, I would. Anything for you."

Mitch was blushing as he looked up to meet his eyes. "I don't know what that is, Alpha," he whispered, and Scott smiled, moving to sit beside him and pull his boy into his arms.

"It's a desert in Africa. Largest hot desert in the world."

Mitch allowed himself to lean into his touch, and he rested his head in Scott's neck. "Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with me? You could have any Omega you wanted, Alpha. You could get an Omega that hasn't been touched, or- or abused, or one that doesn't have scars covering every inch of their body," he mumbled, staring sadly down at his bare thighs, littered with scars.

Scott shook his head and tilted Mitch's head up to meet his eyes. "I don't want anyone else. I want you. I've never been so sure about anything in my life."

Mitch blushed more and carefully crawled into his lap to curl up against his chest and wrap his arms around his neck. "I love you, Alpha."

"I love you more, angel."

"Wh-... Where does your family live?"

"Texas."

"Where do we live?"

"California."

"How... How are we going to get there?"

"We'll fly."

Mitch frowned and glanced up at him. "Fly? Alpha, we're not birds."

Scott laughed and shook his head, kissing his forehead. "Goodness, you're precious. No, we're going to take a plane."

Mitch blushed slightly and hid his face in Scott's neck. "An- An airplane? I think I remember learning about those in Omega school," he said quietly, closing his eyes.

Scott smiled and kissed his head, beginning to play with his hair. "Yeah. See? It'll be fun. My sisters will love you."

Mitch blushed and loosened his grip on Scott's neck as he began to fall asleep, but he forced himself to open his eyes and sit up. "Alpha, I can't fall asleep, I have to do the dishes," he whined softly, trying to get up, but Scott shook his head and pulled him back down onto his lap.

"We'll clean them in the morning. I just want to cuddle with you."

Mitch blushed, but he allowed Scott to carry him to their bedroom.

+++

It was only a few weeks later when they were arriving at the airport to go to Arlington, Texas. Mitch's breathing picked up as soon as they stepped in, and he moved closer to Scott instinctively, trying not to panic. "It's okay, baby. I got you," Scott murmured, kissing his head. Mitch held onto Scott's arm tightly, thankful he had such a perfect Alpha.

When they got through security, Scott set their only bag on the conveyor belt and murmured soft instructions to Mitch on what he was supposed to do. The big Alphas that were the TSA agents scared Mitch a lot, and he made sure to stick close to Scott.

"You there," a gruff voice said after their stuff was on the conveyor belt, and Mitch turned around, his arms wrapped around his stomach. He'd had to take off Scott's sweatshirt so it could go through the X-ray machine, and he felt exposed and vulnerable without it to protect him. Fear spiked in his heart when he saw the Alpha, and he took a step closer to Scott.

"Y-Yes, sir?"

Scott turned around as well, and he instinctively looped his arms around Mitch's waist protectively as he met the officer's eyes. "Is there a problem, officer?" he asked calmly, managing to hide his disgust at how this man was looking at his beloved Omega.

The officer shook his head and straightened up slightly. "No. I just need to pat down your Omega." Scott stared at him for a long time, his eyes darkening ever so slightly, before he removed his arms from around Mitch's waist. Mitch whimpered and looked back at him with wide, fearful eyes, but the officer began running his hands over Mitch's chest, and though Mitch absolutely hated the way the officer's hands felt on his body, he forced himself to stand still and let the officer do his job. Memories of his old Alphas flashed through his head as the Alpha's hands traveled lower and lower, and he whimpered in fear when the Alpha squeezed his ass, trembling almost violently.

Scott's eyes darkened more and his fists clenched, and he had to physically restrain himself from ripping the Alpha to shreds. "Excuse me, but I don't think this pat-down requires you to grope my Omega," he forced out through gritted teeth. "You know he doesn't have any weapons. Leave him alone."

The officer regarded him coldly, but he reluctantly let go of Mitch. As soon as he was free, Mitch ran back to Scott and collapsed in his arms, crying into his shirt. Scott wrapped his arms around him instantly and cooed comforting words into his ear, rubbing his back. He was managing to hide his anger at the officer pretty well, surprisingly.

They got to their gate without another setback. Mitch was too scared to let go of Scott's arm after what happened during security, but he calmed down once he was curled up in Scott's lap with his face buried in his neck. Scott absentmindedly played with Mitch's hair and glanced down at their boarding passes every few moments to make sure they were still there.

Mitch was asleep when they were called to board, as they had to wake up early to get to the airport and Mitch had been up late due to a nightmare. Scott carefully stood and held the boarding passes with the same arm he held Mitch with, and he lugged the suitcase with the other. The desk agent, an elderly woman, smiled at him as she scanned the boarding passes. "You're a very good Alpha, you know. I don't think I've seen an Alpha treat an Omega so gently in a long time."

Scott smiled back and glanced down at Mitch, lovingly brushing his hair out of his eyes. "He deserves it. He's been through a lot."

The desk agent nodded understandingly. "I'm glad he has an Alpha that will treat him the way he deserves. Have a nice flight, you two."

Mitch whimpered quietly and tightened his grip on Scott in his sleep when he tried to set him down in his seat. Scott sighed and picked up the suitcase, and he slid it into the overhead compartment with only one hand. Then, he sat down and held Mitch in his lap for as long as he could.

He had a bit of difficulty when he had to put Mitch in his seat for takeoff, but luckily nothing too major happened. He pulled Mitch back into his lap as soon as the seatbelt sign turned off, and it wasn't long before he too fell asleep.