33; jake daniel grassi-hoying

As the months passed, Scott got increasingly more worried and nervous. He could hardly stand to leave Mitch alone, too terrified Mitch would fall and hurt himself or get sick or something. When they decorated the room for the baby boy they found out they were having, Scott didn't let Mitch do anything at all unless he was right there with him.

Mitch wouldn't admit it to himself, but he liked how worried Scott was about him. He felt loved and reassured that Scott wouldn't leave him when the Alpha would hold him tighter at every sound in the night.

When Mitch went into labor, Scott freaked out. He drove him to the hospital as quickly as he could without crashing the car, holding Mitch's hand tightly and letting out a steady stream of comforting words that were most likely comforting him more than they were Mitch. The Omega was just sitting and taking deep breaths, hugging Scott's arm to his chest.

At the hospital, Scott scooped Mitch into his arms before he rushed inside. "My Omega's going into labor," he called, and a nurse quickly rushed over to take them to a hospital room. Scott held Mitch tightly and set him in the bed, kissing his forehead. "You're going to be okay," he murmured, before looking at the nurse. "Please, get him the medicine, I don't want him to hurt." The nurse nodded and hurriedly did so, and they started the procedure to get the baby.

It felt like hours. Scott paced the waiting room, his hair messy from running his fingers through it so many times and his heart pounding in his chest. He was worried sick.

When the nurse finally came out, Scott scrambled to follow her. "Is he okay? Is the baby okay? Did the birth go to plan? Was he in pain?"

Questions tumbled from his lips, but she just smiled and shook her head. "Mitch is fine, and the baby is fine. You can see Mitch, but the baby is being bathed," she told him, and Scott almost collapsed from relief. He felt like the entire weight of the world had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Thank God," he whispered, his hands shaking slightly. The nurse smiled and opened the door to Mitch's room.

"Hi, baby," Scott breathed, walking inside.

Mitch was laying in the hospital bed, staring at his stomach, but he looked up when he heard the door open. A small, tired smile formed on his lips at the sight of his husband. "Hi, Alpha," he whispered, and he reached for him automatically.

Scott smiled and carefully slid in bed beside him, his arms wrapping around Mitch instinctively. Mitch sighed and leaned his head against Scott's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "How are you feeling?" Scott asked softly, massaging the back of Mitch's head.

Mitch smiled sleepily and closed his eyes. "I'm tired, Alpha, but I'm happy. Our baby is safe and you're here and I love you."

Scott laughed quietly and rested his head above Mitch's on the pillow, subconsciously tightening his grip on Mitch's waist. "I love you more, angel."

When the door opened again, Scott and Mitch both looked towards it. The nurse came in with their baby in her arms, and tears filled both the Alpha's and the Omega's eyes at the sight. "Thank you," Mitch breathed as he took the baby from the nurse, and he stared down at him with a watery smile. "Alpha, he looks just like you..."

Scott smiled breathlessly and rested his head on top of Mitch's, watching Mitch boop the baby's nose. "He's perfect. Just like you."

The nurse smiled as she watched the couple. "He should open his eyes soon, and he'll reveal his rank." Scott thanked her softly, but he was distracted by his Omega and their child.

Sure enough, it was a few moments later before brown eyes blinked up at them. Mitch's tears began to flow at the sight, and Scott was blinking his own away. "He has your eyes," he whispered, pressing his lips to Mitch's hair and letting them linger.

Mitch laughed as he wiped away his tears, and the baby's eyes began to glow red. "An Alpha," he whispered, turning to hide his face in Scott's chest.

"What should we name him?" Scott murmured, playing with Mitch's hair.

Mitch sniffled and rubbed his eyes, looking back down at their son. "I like Jake, Alpha," he whispered. "Jake Daniel."

Scott smiled and kissed Mitch's forehead again, unable to keep his hands off his Omega or their child. "I love that."

+++

It was later. The hospital wanted Mitch to stay the night since he was a male Omega and birth took a higher toll on them, so the baby was taken away and put in a cradle to sleep. Scott had taken off his shoes, and his arms hadn't left their place around Mitch in hours. "I love you so much," he whispered, staring down at his Omega with loving eyes.

Mitch smiled and turned to face Scott, wrapping his arms around his neck and burying his face in his neck. "I love you more, Alpha. I'm so, so happy. I don't think I've ever been this happy before in my entire life. And it's all because of you."

"Oh, baby..." Scott tilted Mitch's head up and lovingly brushed away the remaining tears. "May I kiss you?"

Mitch nodded and closed his eyes, leaning up to connect their lips. Scott kissed back, setting his hand on Mitch's back to pull him closer. Mitch pressed himself completely against Scott's chest and draped his leg over Scott's waist so he could be even closer to him. 

"I love you more than anything in the entire universe, Alpha," Mitch whispered against his lips, tangling his fingers in Scott's blond locks. "I can't wait to raise Jakey with you."

"I love you more, angel. My beautiful, lovely, sweet, adorable, perfect angel."