17; baby girl

Mitch woke up with a jolt, his heart pounding and his breathing quick and ragged. He looked around with wide eyes, and panic rose in his chest when he didn't see Scott anywhere. "Alpha?" he whimpered, tears forming in his eyes. Silence answered. Mitch sobbed softly and hugged his knees to his chest, rocking himself in a fruitless attempt to calm down. However, it didn't work. His mind was racing, coming up with all of the worst case scenarios for where Scott could've gone.

What if it wasn't just a dream? What if his Alphas had taken him? Mitch couldn't breathe. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to Scott.

Crying quietly, Mitch got up and looked in the closet. He took two of his sweatshirts with trembling hands, putting on one of them and holding the other to his chest as he curled up on Scott's side of the bed. His tears soaked the fabric, and vaguely, Mitch was worried he'd get a punishment for ruining Scott's sweatshirt. Still, he buried his face in Scott's pillow and cuddled his sweatshirt as best as he could, trying to pretend like it was his beloved Alpha.

Mitch was too miserable to hear the door open. "Baby?" a worried voice spoke, and he felt the bed dip and a warm hand on his hip. "What's wrong?" Mitch whimpered and looked up with wide eyes, and he sobbed again when he saw Scott, but it was with relief this time. He abandoned the sweatshirt and attacked him in a hug, burying his face in his neck to breathe in his scent. Scott was just as strong and sturdy and warm as he remembered. A frown was on Scott's lips, and his arms slowly made their way around Mitch's small body. "Why are you crying?" he asked gently, absentmindedly tracing patterns into Mitch's back in an effort to soothe him.

Mitch sobbed softly and crawled into Scott's lap to wrap his legs around his waist as well. "I woke up and you were gone so I thought you left," he whimpered, clinging to him as tightly as he could — which, granted, wasn't very tight.

Scott softened and kissed behind Mitch's ear, carefully laying down with him still in his arms. "No, sweetheart. I just went to get a glass of water. I would never leave you."

Mitch curled up against Scott's chest as he struggled to convince himself that Scott was here and he was safe and he wasn't going to leave. Scott held Mitch closely, murmuring a string of comforting words into his ear. "You're okay. It's okay. I'm here, and I've got you, and you're safe. I love you so, so much. I would never leave you. It's okay."

Slowly, Mitch relaxed, but he still couldn't bring himself to pull away. "Y-You promise you won't leave?"

"I promise."

Mitch sighed shakily and nodded, and Scott gently pulled away just enough to kiss away his remaining tears. "I love you."

Mitch blushed and whispered a small, "I love you too, Alpha." Scott started to lift his arm up so he could bring the covers over them, but Mitch panicked and quickly grabbed his arm again. "N-No!" he whimpered, clutching onto him tighter.

Scott gently pried his fingers off and kissed his forehead. "Relax, my love. I'm just going to get us under the covers, okay? I don't want you to be cold," he explained soothingly, and Mitch slowly let his arm go and burrowed deeper into his chest. Scott kissed Mitch's hair and murmured a soft, "Good boy," reaching down to bring the covers over them just like he promised.

Mitch didn't relax until Scott's arms were back around him. "I had a nightmare."

"Aw, baby... I'm so sorry... Do you want to talk about it?"

Mitch was silent for a moment, trying to work up the courage to speak. "I-... M-My old Alphas came and they- they m-made me watch them k-kill y-you and when you w-weren't here I- I panicked."

Scott frowned and shook his head, caressing his cheek. "I promise I'm okay. They can't get us anymore, sweetheart. They're in jail, and they'll never get out," he soothed, and Mitch leaned into his nurturing touch.