31; the wedding

The next eight months were a blur. Before Mitch knew it, the wedding was just in a few days. Scott's family was in town, and they insisted on keeping Scott and Mitch apart the night before the wedding. Scott's father stayed with Scott in the family's rental house, and his sisters and mother stayed with Mitch in their actual house. This was the first time Mitch had been without Scott since he'd been rescued from his Alphas, and he was terrified he'd have a nightmare. He didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Scott's family.

The night was spent by watching movies and eating popcorn. Mitch didn't eat much of his, as he was scared he would eat too much and then he'd be too fat to fit into his wedding dress.

Scott, on the other hand, spent the entire time insisting he didn't want to go to a strip club with his dad. He missed Mitch, and he just wanted to cuddle with a pillow and pretend it was his beloved Omega.

In the morning, Lindsey came into Mitch's room to wake him up, only to find him curled up in bed, clutching a pillow, and tear stains on his cheeks. Her smile faded, and her gaze grew more concerned. "Mitchy? Are you alright?" she asked gently.

Mitch jumped at the sound of her voice, his wide Omega blue eyes looking up. However, he relaxed at the sight of her, and his eyes faded back to brown. "Yes, ma'am. I just- I just miss Alpha," he whispered hoarsely, and she realized then that he was wearing one of Scott's shirts. She softened and smiled at him.

"Well, you'll get to see him in a few hours. You're getting married today!"

Once again, everything was a blur. Scott's sisters and mother helped him into his wedding dress, and they even added a little makeup and painted his nails as per his own request. Before he knew it, they were on their way to the venue.

Mitch was excited to marry Scott, but mostly he was excited to hug him again. Even though they were only apart one night, it felt like forever.

Meanwhile, Scott was fiddling with his sleeves at the altar, trying to hide his nerves. The audience was mostly filled with his family and a few of his friends from high school, since the only people that Mitch knew besides his old Alphas were people related to Scott in some way and he certainly didn't want to invite his old Alphas to his wedding. His father offered him an encouraging smile from his place at the other end of the aisle, where he was waiting for Mitch. Scott forced a small smile back, but he suspected it looked more like a grimace.

When Mitch arrived, the audience stood. All of the air left Scott's lungs as soon as he laid eyes on his wife-to-be. Mitch glanced up at him, but he blushed when he saw the look on his face and his gaze turned shy. Rick gently took his hand and led him up the steps, the music playing softly in the background.

Mitch's heart finally quieted when Scott took his hands. They stared into each other's eyes, the sound of the officiant beginning the spiel fading to the background. Mitch had to fight the urge to press himself against Scott's chest and/or tell him how beautiful he looked. He felt insecure before this man that was for some reason his Alpha. He didn't deserve Scott.

The time came for vows. Scott went first. "Mitchy." His voice was soft and full of love, and Mitch teared up almost instantly. "I... don't even know where to begin. With you, I never do. You're just so... perfect. I just wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You're so, so beautiful, but that's not the only good thing about you. You're so sweet, and selfless, and smart, and funny, and almost painfully innocent despite what they did to you. I love the way you look in the mornings when you wake up after I do, with your hair all messy and your gaze still sleepy. I love the way you smile, and I love it when you laugh at my jokes even though they're never funny. I could go on and on and on, but I want to kiss you so I'll hurry it up. I love you, Mitch. With my whole heart. You stole it from me when we first met, but honestly, I don't want it back."

Mitch was crying when he finished, but he shakily wiped away his tears and tried not to think about Scott's words too much. "I love you more than words can describe, Alpha. You saved my life. If I had to be with those Alphas, I- I just- I don't think I could've made it. You showed me what it's like to love. Before you, I didn't know what love felt like. I didn't know what it felt like to be loved, or to give it. You saved me in so many ways, with your perfect hair and your pretty blue eyes and the way they crinkle at the corners when you smile. I will never tire of hearing you say you love me. I know I'm not the smartest Omega, but I am smart enough to know that I truly don't deserve you. I just want you to be happy. And if now, for some reason, you think I'm your happiness, I'll stay with you forever. As long as you want me. I will love you until my lungs give out, until my heart stops beating, until my body collapses and my brain quiets. You will be my first thought every morning and my last thought every night until I take my final breath. I promise myself to you now, forever. I love you, Alpha. So, so much."

Scott was crying too. Mitch wanted to brush away his tears, but he didn't know if he was allowed.

The officiant spoke again, but Mitch wasn't really listening. Scott gently took his hand and slid the ring on, so Mitch took the hint to do the same to him. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and husband," the officiant declared with a smile, closing her book. She turned to Scott. "You may now kiss your Omega."

Scott instantly swept Mitch in his arms and kissed him with all the passion he had in him. Mitch melted against him and wrapped his arms around Scott's neck to keep himself from falling, kissing him back just as passionately. "I love you so much," Scott sobbed softly against Mitch's lips, his hand flattening on his lower back. Mitch couldn't respond, but he hoped Scott knew.

The rest of the night was a blur. Mitch almost couldn't take his eyes off of Scott — his husband. He still couldn't believe it. Just a short year and a few months ago, he was trapped in his cage in Bryce's bedroom, sobbing his heart out. He couldn't believe how quickly things had changed.

When they finally cuddled up in bed, Mitch was exhausted, and his eyes were closed before his head was even on Scott's chest. Scott wrapped his arms around him instantly, and he gazed down at Mitch with a small smile as he played with his hair. "Your vows were so sweet."

Mitch could feel the vibrations of Scott's voice in his chest, and he blushed lightly as he peeked up at him. "You think so?" he asked timidly, his heart beating faster.

Scott nodded and lovingly caressed his cheek. "Mhm. Very poetic."

"It was all true, Alpha. Every word."

Scott's heart warmed up, and he tilted Mitch's head up to kiss his nose. "May I kiss you?" he asked softly, causing Mitch's cheeks to heat up as he slowly nodded. Scott smiled and closed his eyes, leaning in to connect their lips.