29; christmas proposals

When Mitch woke up on Christmas morning, he was warm and snuggled up with Scott, and he could smell eggs and bacon from the kitchen. Scott was already awake, which explains why Mitch woke up, and he was staring lovingly down at Mitch as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Good morning, my sleeping beauty. How are you feeling?" he asked, his voice soft and rough like it always was in the morning.

Mitch blushed and shrugged slightly, yawning. "I'm okay, Alpha. What about you? Did you sleep okay?"

Scott smiled and nodded, kissing Mitch's hair. "Of course I did. I was next to you all night. You're very warm."

Mitch giggled quietly and burrowed deeper into his arms. "Should I go help with breakfast, Alpha?"

"No. I want to cuddle a bit longer. If anyone gets mad, blame it on me," Scott mumbled as he curled up and buried his face in Mitch's neck.

Mitch giggled again, but he nodded and wrapped his arms around him. "Okay, Alpha."

They lay there for a while. They were so close Mitch could feel Scott's heartbeat and every inch of his warm skin.

"Alpha?" Mitch murmured into the peaceful silence. Scott hummed softly in acknowledgement without lifting his head from Mitch's neck. Mitch absentmindedly traced patterns on Scott's shoulder, admiring his muscles. "Can we take a shower? We haven't taken one since we've gotten here and I feel dirty."

Scott nodded as he pulled away. "Of course. Come on, sweet girl." Mitch blushed as he took Scott's hand and followed him into the bathroom.

Scott helped Mitch take off his pajamas after he'd locked the door, and he started the shower. Mitch wrapped his arms around his stomach as he waited for Scott, still self-conscious and paranoid that one of Scott's sisters or his parents would somehow get in and laugh at all of his scars. Scott undressed and set his pajamas on top of Mitch's, then he took his hand and carefully led him under the water. "Do you want me to wash you, baby?" he asked as he got the body wash and squeezed some onto his hand.

Mitch blushed and shyly nodded. "Yes, please, Alpha," he said softly, and Scott instantly began to lather him up with the body wash. Mitch hummed softly in contentment and savored the feeling of Scott's hands on his body.

After Scott rinsed the soap off, he massaged some shampoo into Mitch's hair and covered his eyes so it wouldn't get in them. Mitch happily wrapped his arms around Scott's torso in a hug. "Alpha? May I wash you too?" he asked innocently, and Scott laughed as he nodded.

"Of course, honey. You just might not be tall enough to reach my hair."

He wasn't. Scott had to crouch so Mitch could wash his hair, but he didn't mind at all. When they left the shower, Scott wrapped a towel around Mitch's shoulders and dried him off, being careful not to hurt him. Mitch held the towel around himself as Scott dried himself off, then he followed him back out to Scott's old bedroom so they could get dressed. "Which of my shirts would you like to wear today, angel?" Scott asked as he rifled through their suitcase.

Mitch giggled and blushed lightly. "Can I wear your light purple sweatshirt, Alpha?"

Scott smiled and nodded, handing him the clothing. "Of course. And I'll get you your leggings."

After they were dressed, Mitch held Scott's arm as they walked out to the kitchen. "There are the lovebirds," Lindsey teased as she set plates of eggs and bacon on the table. "How'd you sleep?"

Mitch blushed and shyly glanced up at Scott. "I slept well, ma'am," he answered bashfully, hiding his face in Scott's arm.

Lindsey smiled fondly, her heart warming up. "Scott, I cannot get over how adorable your Omega is," she said as she offered him a plate to give Mitch food.