chapter 2 perfect performance page 4

It was Friday. The school day had ended. We were getting ready for our performance. We were all wearing red outfits because our schools colour was red. I looked at the audience and saw more than just the teachers. There were families from students and teachers. I had never realised that our main hall could fit this many people! I predicted that over 500 people were there! “Omg. I’m so nervous!” Martha cried “don’t worry, we’ll all be great” I smiled at her comfortingly. Then the head master, Mr Tolkien, walked onto the stage. “Hello ladies and gentleman. Welcome to our end of year talent event. I’m glad that so many of you have showed up. Now I haven’t seen any of these performances myself, but I know they will be spectacular. Our judges at the back will decide at the end who were the top 5, then announce the official winners. Let the performances begin” he walked off stage and we all looked at each other with wide eyes and mouths. This was a competition!!! “It didn’t mention that on the website!” Shannon whispered in shock “did it say read more at the bottom?” Keeley turned to her, Shannon looked at the ground “maybe” she mumbled, and kaya did a face palm. “Well, we’re gonna kick ass tonight then!” I grinned “I agree” Ellie smiled, and then the first act started. It was two girls, Bella and Lucy. They were two really annoying girls who thought they were better than everyone else. They were doing a magic show. They were really bad. They kept giving the tricks away! But everyone clapped anyway when they finished, probably because it was over. Next were five boys who had all tried to flirt with all the girls in the school. Everyone said no though because they were all just man sluts who were tried to act cool but never looked it. They were… singing. No instruments, they were just singing. And they sounded… terrible! They were singing one direction kiss you. To be honest, they looked a bit like one direction too. All they need now is some talent! Only 10 people clapped when they were done, probably their family. The rest were probably deaf now. I was scared now though; soon we would be on stage.

       After about another 20 acts had come and gone, I started to get more confidence. We were after the act that was performing right now. They were doing circus tricks. Surprisingly enough, that wasn’t the weirdest thing I had seen. There had been weirder acts than that by far tonight! They finally finished and everyone clapped, I think out of sympathy. Then, some of the male staff started to pull our instrument and microphones on the stage. “Should we walk on now?” Shannon asked as the men started to walk off “yes” Ellie answered, so we did. I walked to the front “um, hi. I’m Katelyn Hughes” I smiled “Ellie Harrison” “Keeley Ruane” “Shannon Hough” “Kaya Preece” “Martha Roberts” everyone said after me. “We are going to perform we own the night by the wanted” I announced. I took a deep breath and I turned to everyone, pulling the microphone out of the stand as I did “1, 2, 3…” I whispered to them, then I turned back to face the audience.

Ellie: may your heart be full, like your drinks tonight

Me: may we sing and dance ‘til we lose our minds

Ellie: we are only young if we cease the night.

Me: tonight we own the night…… tonight we own the night

Everyone: la la la la la, la la la la la. La la la la la, la la la. La la la la la, la la la la la.  La la, la la, la la.

Me: when my time is over, lying in my grave

Keeley: written on my tombstone, I want it to say

Kaya: this girl was a legend, I legend of her time

Shannon: when she was at a party, the party never died.

Martha: hey

Me: everybody’s got a dream so what do you say. Are we making history?

Ellie+me: may your hearts be full like your drinks tonight. May we sing and dance ‘til we lose our minds. We are only young if we cease the night. Tonight we own the night. Tonight we own the night.