chapter 4 crazy concert, page 15

The concert had ended about 2 hours ago and we had gone to the London eye. We were in one of the pods, looking out the windows, when everyone started to talk about me and Ross. “I can’t believe you two are now a couple” Kaya smiled “oh come on, we all knew it was going to happen at some point. They’re meant for each other!” Rocky replied, none of them seemed to remember that Ross and I were right there, just staring at them weirdly. “I think many of us will end up in couples in this group” Riker commented. I turned to where he was looking and I noticed that Ellie and Ryland wouldn’t stop talking, they were paying no attention to anyone else. “Ryllie, Rydellington, Riya… many shipping’s in here” Rocky laughed. “Riya?” Kaya asked “yeah, you and Riker, we all know it’s going to happen. It’ll be bass love” he answered with a grin “ok…” kaya looked out the window again “who am I with?” Shannon asked, interested “Ratliff” Ross answered. Ratliff instantly turned around and gave Ross a death stare, but he was also going a little red. Did Ratliff like Shannon? “But Rydellington” she replied “you can be Shatliff” Riker laughed, we all joined in. “but Rydellington” Shannon repeated “Rydel can have Ellington and you can have Ratliff” rocky replied “but… do you know what, never mind” Shannon sighed. “London looks really beautiful tonight” I breathed “yeah” Ross agreed. He turned to face me and I looked at him. He smiled and put his arm around my shoulders and a laid against his chest. THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

(Shannon’s POV)

        It was past 1am. We were going back to the tour bus. We were leaving for Blackpool soon, which was where I was born. I was behind everyone else. They were all talking and I was just keeping quiet. When Rocky had said Shatliff earlier, I couldn’t help but feel warm inside, even if that was a joke shipping name. I was really behind everyone now. We were all walking across the tower bridge. I was right in the middle of the bridge when I saw that Ratliff had stopped. He was on the other side of the bridge and looking at the view. There were not cars on the bridge so I ran across the road and joined him “hi” I smiled, he turned slightly, then looked back “hi” he answered, but not really enthusiastically “are you okay?” I asked “sort of” he replied “what does that mean?” I asked, confused. “I love a girl and only four people know. She is really cute and talented. I don’t want to blow my chances with her, but at the same time I don’t think I have a chance anyway” he answered “oh” I whispered. Then we both went silent. I looked at the moon and stars reflection in the sea. It was a really amazing night. “ Normally it would be raining…” I laughed a little, but he was just staring at the sea too. “But not tonight because tonight is too special. Look, Ratliff, whoever this girl is, I’m sure she would be thrilled to go out with such an amazing guy. You are too awesome to be rejected. Like I just said, tonight is special so I want you to get out your phone and call this girl then tell her how you feel.” I demanded. He looked at me with worried eyes “but what if she…” he faded out “if she rejects you, I’ll kick her ass” I grinned “that would be quite hard” he mumbled quietly “the girl will probably just want to stay best friends” “is it Rydel?” I asked “no” he answered “Ratliff, please do this. I can’t stand seeing you like this. I want the fun, kind, sweet and funny Ellington Lee Ratliff back.” I pleaded. He nodded and pulled out his phone, he slowly dialled a number then put the phone to his ear. He closed his eyes tight. Suddenly, my phone began to ring. I pulled it out and I didn’t look at the name. I was too scared. “Hello?” I answered “I love you so much and I want you to be more than just my friend. Being just friends is too hard with someone as amazing as you. Will you be my girlfriend?” Ratliff said down the phone. I was looking at him the whole time. He opened his eyes, he looked really scared. I hung up and I put my phone away. “Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend because I love you too” I grinned. Then all of the fear on his face turned to happiness. He instantly hugged me, he picked me up and spun me around. Then he put me down and kissed me. It was the best kiss of my life. I put my arms around his neck and his arms were still around my waist from when he picked me up. “SHATLIFF IS REAL!” we heard Rocky yell. But we didn’t stop kissing. When we did stop, everyone was staring at us in shock. “Yes, that’s right, we’re now going out” Ratliff held my hand and linked his fingers in between mine. Then we started to catch up with them.

      We got to the tour bus at about 3am. I was knackered and so was everyone else. I wanted to go straight to bed but instead we played truth or dare. “Okay. Truth or dare, Riker?” Rocky asked  “dare” Riker answered with excitement “I dare you… to… hint everyone on who you have a crush on” Rocky shouted. Riker instantly turned bright red, then he pulled his thinking face “she’s a girl that I only recently started to like. As in I only just realised I liked her yesterday” Riker admitted “Ohhhhh. I need to hear all the gossip now” Ratliff said in a funny girly voice that made me giggle a little “no, not yet” Riker replied. Everything went quiet and Riker got up “I’m going to bed” he said walking away. Then slowly, one by one, the rest of us went to bed too.