chapter 7 surprising signing, page 23

It was Saturday. We were all waiting outside of the airport; they would be walking out of the door any minute now. Keeley and Ellie were waiting in the two taxis while the rest of us were waiting by them. Martha was clearly debating whether to stay outside or join keeley or Ellie. I couldn’t blame her for feeling so awkward about seeing him again. They kissed, he told her he loved her, but they still aren’t dating. In the end, she quickly got into the backseat of the first taxi with Keeley. As soon as she did, Riker came out of the door “KAYA!” he yelled and ran to her “RIKER” she shouted and ran to him. They met up and he instantly picked her up and spun her around, then her put her down and kissed her gently “I’ve missed you so much” he smiled “I’ve missed you too” she hugged him. Then, Rydel and Ryland came out and waved at us wildly “Hey Delly, hey Ry!” Ellie squilled through the open window and gestured for them to go and join her. Then Ratliff came out “never sit next to a crying Rocky!” he stated then he froze when he saw Shannon, she didn’t run to him. I went behind her and pushed her forward. When she reached Ratliff I said “and now you kiss” and that’s exactly what they did. “Where’s ross?” I finally asked, confused “with Rocky, he doesn’t really want to come out…” Riker answered, still hugging Kaya tightly “what’s wrong with him?” I asked alarmed “he just doesn’t really feel comfortable seeing Martha, he thinks she doesn’t love him” Riker replied “what! He’s her crush!! She wants to go out with him more than anything in the world” I screeched. Suddenly, I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist and someone lay their head in the crook of my neck and kiss it “hi beautiful” a soft voice whispered “Ross!” I exclaimed, turning around in his arms. He picked me up and spun me around then he put me down and kissed me. “I’m so happy to see you again” I smiled through the kiss “happy doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel right now” he commented. We pulled away and he stroked my cheek gently. I suddenly heard the doors to the airport open. I turned and saw Rocky, I gasped, he had red rings around his eyes and he looked awful. “Rocky?” I asked “yeah” he mumbled “don’t be upset, please” I walked up to him and hugged him. I felt him hug me back and cry into my shoulder. But then, someone tapped me on my other shoulder, I turned slightly and saw that it was Martha. She nodded a little as if to say that she was ready and I slowly pulled away from rocky. He looked up at her and I could see in his eyes that he wanted to just run away “I don’t want it to be awkward between us” she started “you know how I feel, why can’t I know how you feel” he sobbed “you’ll find out soon, but for now, just be the usual happy you, because this Rocky is gonna make me cry soon” she hugged him tightly and he hugged her back. Today was going to be a long and eventful day…

(Martha’s POV)

       Hours had passed and it wasn’t as awkward as I had thought it was going to be. R5 were once again opening for us while we were all backstage getting ready. Today we had a special surprise for the crowd during our opening song. I was really nervous because I was singing a song that I wrote, and it was ONLY me singing. Plus… the song was about Rocky…. I wrote it a few days after we had come back from California. It was called Gold.