chapter 9 Couples Christmas, page 36

The music faded out and we all had a huge group hug whilst the crowd clapped. I felt so happy! We all pulled away and Rocky grabbed my arms and pulled me close to him then kissed me. I kissed him back and we quickly pulled away, both smiling. “Ok. Now, Ross and I are going to sing a duet for you guys now. It’s called Christmas soul” Katelyn smiled. Rocky and I walked off stage with the others, still smiling.

(Katelyn’s POV)

Ross and I walked up to the front of the stage and the music started

Ross: 1,2,3,4!

Katelyn: Uh-huh!

Ross: Wooo!

Katelyn: I always love this time of year. White snow and reindeer. Heh, yeah.

Ross: There's something special in the air. Friends and family everywhere. Ooooh.

Katelyn: When everybody's singing

Ross: My heart starts jing-a-lingin'

Katelyn: There's something 'bout those December nights

Katelyn and Ross: Today's the day. Let's celebrate. With that Christmas soul, feel that Christmas soul. We'll have a ball, let’s deck the halls, with that Christmas Soul, Feel that Christmas Soul. We got that reindeer, kinda cheer, Santa's flying over here. All the way from the North Pole! 'Cause we got Christmas soul. Yeah, we got Christmas Soul.

Ross: Uh, yeah!

Katelyn: What (What)

Ross: When it gets real cold outside. I'm ma take you on a sleigh ride. Woo!

Katelyn: We'll come and gather 'round the tree. And we'll make some memories. Oh, oh, yeah.

Ross: When everybody's singing

Katelyn: My heart starts jing-a-lingin'

Ross: There's something 'bout those December nights

Katelyn and Ross: Today's the day. Let's celebrate with that Christmas Soul, Feel that Christmas Soul. We'll have a ball. Let's deck the halls with that Christmas Soul, Feel that Christmas Soul. We got that reindeer, kinda cheer, Santa's flying over here. All the way from the North Pole! 'Cause we got Christmas Soul.

Katelyn: Just clap your hands, we can dance tonight (Come on!).

Ross: If you got Christmas spirit, let it shine bright (Uh-huh).

Katelyn: I said

Ross: Just clap your hands, we can dance tonight (Oh!).

Katelyn: If you got Christmas spirit, let it shine bright. Yeah, yeah.

Ross: Today's the day, let’s celebrate with that Christmas Soul.

Katelyn: Feel that Christmas Soul.

Katelyn and Ross: We'll have a ball. Let's deck the halls with that Christmas Soul, Feel that Christmas Soul. We got that reindeer, kinda cheer, Santa's flying over here. All the way from the North Pole! 'Cause we got Christmas Soul

Ross: Just feel that, just feel that, Just feel that Christmas Soul (Christmas Soul!)

Katelyn: Just feel that, just feel that, Just feel that Christmas Soul (Yeah, we'll feel that Christmas Soul!)

Katelyn and Ross: Just feel that, just feel that, Just feel that Christmas Soul. Oooh.

The music stopped and I hugged Ross, he picked me up and spun me around. He put me down and we both started to laugh. Everyone came back on stage and everyone began to clap. But, then, Keeley walked to the front of the stage and the rest of midnight neon did the same “ok, do you guys want to share a Christmas present with us?” Keeley asked, everyone screamed instead of shouting yes. “Well… we haven’t given Rydel her present yet… we would like to give it to her now” Shannon continued, I turned and the boys walked off stage. Someone brought a chair on stage and Rydel sat down on it in the middle of the stage. We all had decided earlier that we weren’t going to play our instruments for this song, so we all stood around Rydel. Then, the music began.

(Introduction)

Me: Who do I call just to say what's up, If the day got me down again?

Shannon: And who do I bug on my five minute break, Cause I know that you'll give me ten?

Ellie: And who do I call cause I love that song, and I know you'll sing along with me.

Keeley: When I need to make the day?

Everyone: Who do I call, when I need to hear hello? Let me go on, though you've heard it all before. Who do I call to make me smile? I'll wait a while, oh, and redial. Da da day da da da da day.

Kaya: You always know who I'm talking about when I'm talking about you know who

Martha: And you always like the things I like, when you don't like the things I do.

Ellie: When I hop a fence it makes no sense, you'll have the evidence with me

Me: When I need to get away

Everyone: Who do I call, when I need to hear hello? Let me go on, though you've heard it all before. Who do I call to make me smile? I'll wait a while, oh, and redial.

Me: I'd be so alone, without you on the telephone

Martha: I'd be so alone, without you on the telephone.

Everyone: Who do I call, when I need to hear hello? Let me go on, though you've heard it all before. Who do I call to make me smile? I'll wait a while, oh, and redial. Who do I call, when I need to hear hello? Let me go on, though you've heard it all before. Who do I call to make me smile? I'll wait a while, oh, and redial.

Rydel was smiling wildly and had tears in her eyes. She got up and hugged us all, she didn’t say anything, but her expression gave away what she wanted to say. “Thank you for being an amazing crowd! We love you all. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year” Keeley shouted, everyone screamed and we ran off stage.