chapter 3 amazing award, page 10

Half an hour had passed and my hands ached from clapping. “Ok. And now for the British breakthrough awards.” Someone announced “and the nominees are…. The Vamps, Elyar Fox, Neon jungle, little Nikki and Midnight neon” the person continued. “And the winners are…” they said opening a small piece of card “MIDNIGHT NEON!” the person shouted. Then our song save the day came on and we all walked up to the stage. When we got up there, we were giving the award and we had to say a few things. “Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us! We know it’s only been a month but we still love you all.” Martha said, she was almost in tears. “Can I just say that this is the best birthday present ever!” Shannon laughed down the microphone “yeah. Thank you to all of the fans and voters, we love you” we walked off stage and sat back down “congratulations” Ross smiled, looking at the award in my hand “thanks” I smiled.

       Soon it was almost the end of the awards and all of us were backstage preparing to sing forgot to laugh in less than 2 minutes.  “Are we all ready?” Keeley asked “hell yeah” I answered. Then we all ran to our places behind a curtain when we heard the presenter say “thank you for having me as your host. Now welcome to the stage, Midnight neon.” Then the curtains opened and we instantly started to play

Me: when  I read your face it’s like a screen door, I can  see right through your heart’s window, why you gotta treat me like the bimbo, who sticks out when you don’t care anymore.

Martha: you make it so easy, you’re sweet like a Reese’s pieces. But I promise if you leave me, you’ll be crawling on your knees so if you go. It’s a joke.

Martha+me+Keeley: if you drive away, hope you get a flat tire get stranded. If its goodbye today, know you’re leaving here empty-handed. ‘Cause I’ve got my own life and you’re just a punch line. If you go. You’re a joke. But I forgot to laugh.

Ellie: you don’t like it when I check your IPhone, I don’t even get my own ringtone. When you’re heading out with all your best bros, you don’t wanna tell me where you guys go.

Kaya: You say that I’m needy, like a kid needs Reese’s pieces. But I promise if you leave me, you’ll be running back to me at my door. What a joke.

Kaya+Ellie+Keeley: if you drive away, hope you get a flat tire get stranded. If its goodbye today, know you’re leaving here empty-handed. ‘Cause I’ve got my own life and you’re just a punch line. If you go. You’re a joke. I forgot to laugh.

Shannon: So if you’re saying peace like you’re so over me trying to sting like a bee then I gotta laugh. You’re more like a ducky or a cute little bunny, think that you’re funny I forgot to laugh. Laugh.

Me: like a diamond in a mountain of coal, I’m the girl that guys can’t find anymore. Heyyy!

Everyone: if you drive away, hope you get a flat tire get stranded. If its goodbye today, know you’re leaving here empty-handed. ‘Cause I’ve got my own life and you’re just a punch line. If you go. You’re a joke.

Shannon: but I forgot to laugh.

We all walked to the front and bowed. We got a standing ovation and we all smiled. “Thank you teen choice!” I shouted down the microphone “this has been the best birthday ever!” Shannon shouted down her microphone. Then we walked off stage.