chapter 2 perfect performance, page 8

We entered the studio. It was massive! “Hello, can I help you?” a woman asked “yes, can you direct us to Mr Collins’ office?” Keeley asked “yes. This way pleases” she started to walk over to the elevator, when Mr Collins suddenly walked out of them “oh. Mr Collins, these girls are here to see you” the woman gestured towards us. “Midnight neon. Good to see you again. Please, follow me” he walked off and we all followed “am I the only one who feels like they’re playing follow the leader?” Shannon whispered “nope” Kaya whispered back. We entered a huge room filled with instruments and microphones. Then at the back was a glass wall and behind it were loads of electronic things. Then I realised, it was a recording studio! Mr Collins walked into the room behind the glass wall and spoke into a microphone “ok girls. Impress me” he sat down on a chair and watched us intently. We all got ready straight away. “Are we still doing drunk on love by the wanted?” Martha asked “yes” I answered, it was the obvious answer. Once again, I counted us in. “1, 2, 3…”

(Introduction)

Me: we’re drunk on love, so turn the music up. I wanna lose control. We’re gonna lose control.

Ellie: we’re going out tonight, going with no invite. I wanna take it all. We’re gonna take it all.

Martha: I’m a lover, not a hater, not a fighter or a player, and I’ll party ‘til the sun comes up.

Kaya: getting a hangover without a cure, we could end up anywhere. But that’s all part of the rush.

Me: where the lights are shining, that’s where you will find me. Getting drunk on love, that’s what we do.

Ellie: when I see you dancing, gets me so excited. Gonna pour my love all over you.

Shannon: we’re drunk on love…

“Stop!” Mr Collins shouted down the microphone, we all instantly stopped and looked at him. “I’ve heard enough” he continued, walking into the same room as us. “Congratulations girls. You’re being signed to starship records!” he smiled “we’re getting a record deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” we all screamed. And we all shared a huge group hug.

     Less than 30 minutes later, we were signing a contract to make it official. Midnight neon was becoming an official band! I had never felt happier! This was the best day of my life!