chapter 9 Couples Christmas, page 33

(Katelyn’s POV)

It was almost time for the show to start! We were all in our costumes. I was dressed as a snowman (http://www.polyvore.com/katelyns_christmas_outfit/set?id=120912872 ), Keeley was dressed as Santa (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=120915985 ), Ellie was an angel (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=120920736 ), Kaya was a gingerbread man (http://www.polyvore.com/kayas_christmas_outift/set?id=121166529 ), Martha was a reindeer (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=121365055 ) and Shannon was an elf (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=121369240 ), which was really funny because she was the smallest out of all of us. We were covering our instruments with Christmas things like tinsel, lights and glitter. Outside, all we could hear was “Midnight neon, midnight neon, midnight neon!” being repeated over and over again until suddenly, it stopped. I guessed that someone had walked on stage and told everyone to go silent. “Welcome everyone, merry Christmas! Midnight neon will come on stage soon to perform some new Christmas songs they wrote just for you guys today!” he stopped as the crowd began to scream and cheer loudly. As they died down, he carried on “for the meantime we will be playing some midnight neon videos and songs while they get ready” he walked off and the crowd began to scream again as one of our YouTube videos from burst of randomness came up on a huge screen above the stage. “There are a lot of people out there!” Martha panicked “we’ll be great, don’t worry!” Ellie smiled “why do you do this at every show?” Keeley asked “I’m just scared that one day we’ll do something that’ll ruin everything… I’m just paranoid!” Martha mumbled “and what always happens…” I smiled “we always do great! I don’t think that will change, ok?” I carried on. She looked up at me and smiled “I guess so…” “Good. Now let’s rock this shit!” I grinned. Everyone nodded and we got into position. I heard the music stop and everybody scream. But then, Rocky ran on stage “can I sing with you?” he asked Martha, she looked at him shocked “not saying that I don’t want to but why?” she questioned “because… I thought that it would make up for not giving you a gift” he blushed “you two should sing my song for you.” Keeley smiled “oh yeah! That song would be perfect!” Martha agreed “sure. I know the lyrics… I was there when you all wrote them.” He smiled “something tells me that the show is starting now…” Kaya hinted, Rocky nodded then walked off stage “good luck” he waved. We all smiled at him then turned to face the curtain. Suddenly, the lights on the stage turned on and I knew that everyone could see our shadows through the curtain. Then, the intro for our first song came on, shake Santa shake.

(Introduction)

Martha: Who's that dude in the cherry red suit?

Ellie: Tearing up the floor, tonight

Shannon: He's shaking his hips, got a sack full of gifts

Kaya: And a beard that's crazy white

Keeley: He's got the party rockin', Candy canes and stockings.

Katelyn: Dancing like he's Michael, Spinning like the vinyls.

Martha: Sleigh bells in the air, Favourite time of year

Shannon: Where wishes come true,

Ellie: That's how we do, yeah, that's how we do

Everyone: Shake, Santa, shake it! We know you're gonna take it, to the house tonight! Shake, Santa, shake it! We know you're gonna make it. Naughty never looked so nice!

Kaya: We want that merry, merry! We want that merry, merry! We want that merry, merry! Ho-ho-ho, yeah!

Katelyn: We want that merry, merry! We want that merry, merry! We want that merry, merry! Ho-ho-ho, yeah!