chapter 2 perfect performance, page 5

As I sang the last bit everyone walked up to the front because no instruments were being played. I snag the last word and we all bowed. Then, everyone started to clap really loudly. I looked up and saw that we were getting a standing ovation! I smiled widely and looked at my new band mates. “we’re a band!” I exclaimed excitedly “I know!” Shannon squilled. ”we are midnight neon and we hope you had a great time!” Keeley screamed. We walked off stage and we all started to scream. That really just happened! “we’re a band!” I repeated “I can’t hear anything” Martha laughed “omg! That was incredible!” kaya hugged me and I hugged her back. Ellie was just jumping up and down with excitement.

     The last performance had just finished and the top 5 had been called… and midnight neon was in it! So we were on stage with 4 other acts. We were all crossing our fingers. “And the winners are… midnight neon!” Mr Tolkien announced. I couldn’t believe it… we all screamed and had one big group hug! We won! We all knew it was just a school thing, but still, there were some awesome acts that we beat! “Congratulations girls. And you’re leaving this year aren’t you?” Mr Tolkien grinned “yes” Martha answered. I was speechless. We won against every student in the school. “Well, we will miss such talent at this school.” Mr Tolkien shook all of our hands, and all the other acts walked off stage. “Can you please perform another song, or the same song?” He asked, we all walked back over to our places, but we all faced each other. “Should we perform the new song?” Ellie asked. You see, we finished we own the night on Wednesday, so we started to play a new song. We had only started it the day before, but we had already learnt it! It was ready or not by Bridget Mendler. “Okay, I think we can perform that.” Kaya agreed. We all nodded and turned to face the audience.

Keeley started to play her keyboard and Ellie began to sing

Ellie: hey-ay-ay. Hey-ay-ay. Ohhhhh.

Me: I’m the kind of girl who doesn’t say a word. Who sits at the curb and waits for the world, but I’m about to break out, about to break out, like a kryptonite.

Ellie: I caught you staring at me and I was thinking clearly. Now I’m like a bee and I’m going for the honey.

Kaya: and I’m kind of shy but you super fly, yeah, I could be your kryptonite.

Everyone: like, ohhhhhhhh

Me: light my heart baby like a matchstick

Everyone: ohhhhhhhh

Kaya: and hit the gas quick

Ellie+me+kaya: ready or not, here I come. Where you at, the night is young. In the crowd, the music’s loud. But I will find you. Ready or not, here I come. I like your face, do you like my song. Just sing it, la la la la la la la and I’ll find you. Ready or not.