chapter 6 great goodbye, page 19

(Katelyn’s POV)

I woke up to the sound of everyone shouting Rocky’s name. I looked at them all weird and then I realised that they were shouting at him because he had everyone’s phones! “What the hell?” I shouted “we aren’t using them today. It’s our last day together and I want us all to hang out and have fun without our phones” he answered “why do you sound like my mum?” I complained “come on Rocky! What if Adam calls one of us? We’ll be in deep shit if we don’t answer!” Keeley protested “don’t worry, I’m giving them all to mum so that she can answer any calls we get” Rocky said “this seems really sensible… what did you do with my brother?” Riker joked, we all laughed a little. “So, what are we doing then?” Kaya asked “we’re going to go to California beach!” Rocky exclaimed “yay!” Martha squilled “when are we going?” Ellie asked “now. So get dressed, have breakfast, get your beach stuff and lets go” he got up and ran out of the room “um… Rocky… you might want to take your own advise” I laughed. He ran back into the doorway and looked down, he had forgotten that he was in his PJ’s! He blushed and we all giggled.

       An hour had passed and we were all at the beach. All the boys were surfing while the rest of us were lying on the beach. Keeley was reading a book, Martha was asleep, Rydel was tanning and Ellie was listening to music. Kaya, Shannon and I were watching the boys surf. Sometimes they gestured for us to join in but we all shook our heads, none of us knew how to surf. Then, Ross walked over to us and looked at me “come on, please join in” he moaned “I can’t surf” I shrugged “I’ll teach you” he replied “Ross… I’m hopeless at trying new things, especially things that involve balance” I protested “I promise I’ll never ask you again…” he grinned. I sighed “fine. I’ll try, but only because it’ll make you happy.” I got up and walked over to his surfboard that was on the sand next to the sea “get on” he demanded, I got on and turned to him “now what?” I asked “now I put my arms around your waist until you feel comfortable” he did as he said and put his arms around my waist. I bushed a little, then I turned around still in his arms so I was facing him “and now I kiss you because I love you” I grinned then kissed his lips. “Surprisingly enough, surfing doesn’t have kissing in it” he smiled through the kiss “who cares” I replied, kissing him harder.