chapter 4 crazy concert, page 13

We were backstage of our first concert. It had sold out! I was shaking, nervous. And so was everyone else. “I can’t wait for our opening mash up!” Ellie squilled. We were opening up with our solos, but not the whole songs, we were going to do an epic mash up of one each. Then we were going to sing the other songs. But before all that. R5 had to finish opening for us. They were currently singing pass me by. “I can’t wait for it either. When we rehearsed it yesterday, it sounded awesome. The set out is amazing.” Keeley agreed. It was true, the set out was amazing. A song has 6 parts to it, so we all got a part each of our songs. Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, verse, chorus. I was so lost in thought about what was happening tonight that I hadn’t noticed that R5 had finished and were now off stage! “Hey, they are a great crowd” Riker said to us with a grin “awesome” Kaya answered enthusiastically. “You guys were amazing out there” Keeley commented with a smile “well… you guys are going on soon, we’ll see you after the show” Ross smiled. They all walked away and Ross looked at me. I was still lost in thought. “are you okay?” he asked “no” I whispered “why not?” he asked, concerned “I’m scared” I croaked, I felt tears start to build up behind my eyes, I didn’t want to ruin the show for everyone. “Don’t worry, you’ll be great” he smiled comfortingly “I just know I’m going to mess it up somehow” I whispered, Ross pulled me into a huge hug and I hugged him back “really, you’ll be awesome. Don’t worry about it and remember that you are talented” he pulled away and I nodded, then he walked away.

            1 minute until it started. There was a huge screen above the stage and it was showing all of our faces and videos of us. People were screaming and we were all getting into position, Youngest to oldest, in one straight line. We weren’t playing our instruments until the mix was over. Then everything went silent. Suddenly, the place turned pitch black and the curtain went up. Everyone screamed as the music to Shannon’s song came on. A spotlight of light orange (her favourite colour) started to shine down on her.

(Introduction)

Shannon: kiss me hard before you go. Summertime sadness. I just wanted you to know. That baby you’re the best. Got my red dress on tonight. Dancing in the dark and the pilgrim light. Done my hair up real big beauty queen style. High heels off, I’m feelin’ alive…

Then her spotlight went off. And another orange one went shined down on Martha. She was singing her song mirror (chorus)

Martha: I was the girl who was somebody. I was the girl who was somebody. Only a bird could get much higher. I look in the mirror. ‘Cause I was the girl who was somebody.

Next, it was Kaya’s turn. Martha’s spotlight and a purple spotlight started to shine down on Kaya and she instantly started to sing Blonde.

Kaya: hey I’m not a collage grad yet. There are some books I haven’t read yet. But I could quote a little bit of Shakespeare in my sleep. But there have been those times when I’ve clearly forgotten how to spell words like r-e-e-d-i-n-g. Me, myself and I really hard to get by with simple little things.

Kaya’s spotlight instantly went off and Keeley’s light blue spotlight came right on. She had to start singing her chorus. The song was teenage dream.

Keeley: you make me, feel like I’m livin’ a teenage dream, the way you turn me on. I can’t sleep. Let’s run away and don’t ever look back, don’t ever look back. My heart stops, when you look at me. Just one touch, now baby I believe. This is real. So take a chance and don’t ever look back, don’t ever look back.

Ellie instantly took her pink spotlight after Keeley had finished her last word. Because she and I were the main singers, our songs had really high notes in them and we got the last two because 1. We were the 2 oldest and 2. They were always filled with really difficult notes. Ellie was singing let it go.

Ellie: standing. Frozen. I the life I’ve chosen. You won’t, find me. The past is all behind me. Buried in the storm.

And finally. It was my turn. Ellie’s spotlight went off and another turned on. It was purple and it was shining really brightly. I didn’t pause. I just took a deep breath and started to sing my song, one wish.

Me: Oh. I wish. I wish you the best you’re freckin’ useless. If I only ever had one wish, just one wish. I wish I could go back. I’m so over everything we had. So if I only ever had one wish, then I wish, I’d never met you at all. Do do do do do do. Do do do do do do. Do do do do do do. I wish I’d never met you at all. Do do do do do do. Do do do do do do. Do do do do do do. I wish I’d never met you at all….