Choices, Choices

Author's Note: I know that there is only a weeks time from when America's father dies in the story to when Maxon releases his proposal, but in this story, I'm going to make it much longer.

4 Months Later

It didn't work.

That damn pill didn't work. I was counting on it, and it didn't work. How am I supposed to tell Maxon? How am I supposed to tell Illea? Ugh. This is getting too much for me right now. The planning was finished, and it took a while. More than usually. All four of us, it took around 3 weeks. I'm guessing that fact that we were possibly planning each others wedding. Who knows? It might be a boy. It might be a girl. Hell, I don't even know at this point. 

"America!" cried Aspen

"Aspen!" I yelled, trying to make me as discreet as possible. "Why the hell are you here?" I yelled at him so more.

"America, please. I need to speak with you. I know it been a while since a spoke to you, and I might lose you tomorrow."

"Aspen. What are you talking about? You lost me the day you broke up with me. I can't even look at that tree house anymore. Ugh! I can't even think about you and not cry. Please, just do me a favour. Don't speak to me after the wedding. Even though you broke up with me, I still can't bear you to be hurt. Not for me." I said sadly, leaning in for a hug. 

"Just a hug?" He whispered. 

"Don't push it, darling," I warned him.

"America, come on. I couldn't bear you to live like that anymore." He pleaded me to listen to his side.

"Didn't we already have this conversation before?" I countered. 

"America! Stop it! I'm trying to have a decent conversation here. You're ruining it by not even letting me speak." He yelled at me.

"Fine. Continue". I said giving in.

"America Singer. You're the most wonderful girl I've ever met. When I'm training. I'm training for you, not just for our country. I'm training because one day, we will be married with kids. I want to protect you. To guard you. To shield you. I can't do that if you shut me out. Hear me out. Let Maxon chose Kriss. So pick me. Choose me. Love me. (Grey's Anatomy anyone?)." He said almost crying.

"I can't," I confessed. "I'm over you," I said regretfully.

Aspen grabbed my cheeks and gave me a passionate kiss. 

"Are you sure you're over me?" He said with confidence.

"I knew it," Maxon confessed as he watched the whole thing. 

"Oh, no....." I cried.

"Oh, no is correct America." He said anger.

"Maxon, this isn't what it looks like!" I countered.

"Oh please, that's what everyone says! I just saw him kiss you and you did nothing. You stared at him as if I didn't matter!" He yelled at me. His anger was very obvious. 

"Maxon! that's not true! Please just let me explain!"I cried again. 

"No. I don't want you to explain. I want him to explain." Maxon pointed to Aspen who was clearly not ready for that.

"Explain," He said with nothing more.

"During Kriss' party, I went to find America. To make amends. We started seeing each more and more." He started explaining.

"Make amends for what?" Maxon questioned. 

Aspen and I glanced at each other. Giving Maxon all the information he needed. 

"What's your first name, Leger?" Maxoned said. Giving him a squinted eye look.

"Aspen. Aspen Leger." He confessed. 

Oh, no..

"So this is the infamous Aspen. So great. So bold. You had to steal the only thing that makes me happy." Maxon said. Almost about to knock him out. 

"I'm so sorry Your Majesty. I loved her." Aspen said, carefully using past tense.

"Loved her? I doubt it." Maxon argued. "You committed treason. Tell me one reason why I shouldn't have you locked up?!" He yelled. Anger pushing through." He said, but this time with more anger.

"I loved her, but now this has ended," Aspen said, pointed between the two of us. 

"Oh yes! A kiss ends a relationship! A hug ends a relationship! Anymore dating advice?" Maxon said with pure sarcasm in his voice.  

"You know what Aspen? Get out. Get out of my house! Get out of sight! Get out of my breath!!" Maxon screamed at him. Which honestly made me jump a bit. 

"I'm sorry," Aspen said leaving us.

"You," Maxon said turning toward me.

"I'm so sorry Maxon! I wanted to end things, but I couldn't."I explained.

"Wow... Such a great explanation." Maxon said with more sarcasm. "I don't know, maybe tell me? Stop seeing him, stop talking to him. Make up an excuse to not have contact with him.?

"Why would I tell you?" I questioned. "I don't love him, that doesn't mean I don't care for him!" I said.

"Go home America. Get married to your "Prince Charming." Have perfect kids together and have a perfect married life. You can live your life in perfection and be as happy as you want." He said. Making me feel guilty.

"I don't want to live with him! I want to live with you! I need to. I love you." I said. I saw inside of his eyes. He was long waiting for those three words. 

"Tell your maids to do their best. You should go out in style if you leave." He said coldly.

Then he left me alone. Alone to take what just had happened. Aspen committed treason, which he could be sentenced to be an eight. Maxon just sent me home, confirming his married to Kriss. I just lost everything. I didn't even tell me about the baby.

What have I done? I've ruined everything in just under five minutes.