Caught

100 views?! Ugh so grateful. To me, that means a lot! TYSM! @Chameleons4life <3 I always see you in my notifications! Seriously. Thank you.

------------6 Days Later------------

"Maxon. It's not every day that you find out that your a grandparent, let alone a grandparent to someone that's not even awake."  Said a voice. At that point, I knew that I was caught.

"Father, what are you talking about? Nonsense. Please, give me some advice on this caste uprising." I lied, trying to change the subject. 

"Maxon! Don't you dare lie to me! I asked Doctor Ashlar myself. She told me everything. From when America was shot, to when she said that you were going to tell me. Now, let me ask this, when were you going to tell me? When America had already given birth?" 

"Of course not, there wasn't a right time to tell you." 

"There is never a right time to tell me something like this!"  

"Father.."

"Son. How about this. You marry Kriss, and when America gives birth, you take custody of them. Take them as your own. Kriss will be their mother, and they will grow up to be the next heirs."

"Father! How can you even think that! America will be the perfect mother and wife!"

"Son. You must think this through. I have already started with the custody papers."

"No! I refuse to sign them!" 

"Doesn't matter, America will sign them then." He said walking away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Has anyone seen Lady America?!" Cried a voice.

"No, try looking in the gardens, her room, anywhere!" Another responded. 

"Just make sure the Prince doesn't hear of this, If he does, I don't know what we'll do." 

"Lady America's missing?" I asked. "That's what I've heard from"

"No Your Majesty, she is being...moved...to another room." A maid said, with the uneasy answer. 

I decided to check for myself. There is no way the rebels could have gotten her, the hospital is the most guarded place in the palace.

"You wouldn't believe how worried he was! And when he saw your face, he would lit up every. Single. Time. It was true love. I saw it myself, and don't you dare try to deny it." I recognized a voice. Vaguely though.

"Lucy stop! If he was that "In love" with me, he would have known that I wanted to go home. I don't want to see him marry Kriss." 

Marry Kriss? When did I say that? I wanted America.

"America. Have some common sense, He came to your room to check up on you every day. If that's not a commitment, I don't know what is then."

America?

I walked. No ran. I literally ran down the hall to find the entrance to the garden.  Hoping to catch up to her, to scare her. Maybe get back at her for scaring me. I smiled.

"Boo," I yelled hoping I would scare her. 

"Ahhh!" She yelled, Holding her belly.

"America?" 

"Ummm, Lucy. Who's this?" 

All my happiness drained from my face immediately. 

"I'm Maxon. Don't you know who I am?!"

"That's for scaring me." She said with a smirk.

"I hate you."

"Do you?"

I saw Lucy leaving discreetly as possible. I smiled at her, seeing what she was trying to do.

"As a matter of fact, I do! You knew you were pregnant and didn't bother to tell me?!"

"I thought you were going to pick me. I was going to tell you after the wedding."

"America...I was never going to do that." 

"Wait. How many months am I?" around 7 almost 8.

"Wow. I was out!"

"Yeah. Life was pretty hard." I said "Another thing, My father wants custody of the twins. He doesn't need my signature, he needs yours. Promise me you won't sign anything!"

"I promise, but do you agree?"

"Of course not! Why would you think such thing?! I am your future husband!"

"I don't know, You and Kriss seem to be doing so well and your father hates me."

"It's ok America. Just don't sign anything. I need to leave for a another tedious meeting. Don't sign anything!" 

"America? One last thing. Can you pinch me? Just so I know I'm not dreaming?"

America gave me a cold glare, but I knew she was joking. I laughed as I left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So America? When are you due?" A voice asked.

"Umm Few weeks?"

" Wonderful. The court is open that day. It's open all day to the King though."

"Oh. King Clarkson." I said about to curtsy.

"No need. I know you're carrying the heirs of Illea. Come."

"Why?"

"Are you defying the King's orders!"

"No Your Majesty," I said as follows. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sign this." He said, throwing me a paper with "Custody" as the title.

"Don't sign anything." I heard Maxon's voice in my head.

"I can't,"

"You will! Now!" He ordered.

At this point, there were tears. I didn't normally cry like this, but he threatens to take my children. My ties to Maxon.

"I won't," 

"Sign them, or something devastating will happen to your babies."

"More devastating than it already is!?" I yelled at him. 

"Do not yell at your King!" He said taking something out. A long rod, very flexible.

"AH! I yelled in pain.  "AH!" Twice now. I yelled. 

"Don't ever defy a King again!"

"Yes, sir, I mean Your Majesty."

"Out of my sight now." He glared at me.

"You will sign these papers. Oh and Maxon does not need to know of this right?" He said looking at me as if he wanted to kill me.

"Of course." I said, feeling small inside.