Questionaire

Ughh, I had a Music Theory Exam this week so I really couldn't update. I'm really sorry that I keep coming up with these excuses...

Maxon's POV

I'll admit, her work wasn't that bad. She said that for now only the Two's would have just a tad bit higher taxes due to them being famous and such. But during the ending, she did say something about her being too tired to function. 

I felt terrible. I believed Daphne's word over America. How stupid was I? 

Whatever. I mean, no, not whatever. She was having another baby. I didn't want to be the one who was going to tell Eadlyn and Ahren. Eadlyn would probably deny it, and Ahren wouldn't know how to react due to Eadlyn always bossing him around. 

I thought about it for a sec, and thought, "I need to get the facts straight. I need to interrogate." 

I gathered everyone in the palace. 

"If any of you were in the time where the French visited the palace, and America fell down, please step forward. You will not be harmed, I need to get some facts straight on what happened." I explained. 

Suddenly one girl raised her hand up, but nervously. I politely gestured her up the stairs to follow me into a room. 

"Your Majesty, I'm afraid that I don't want to get anyone in trouble." She said, still shaking. 

"It's quite alright, you won't be hurt, I just want to know what happened that night." 
"Well, I was bringing the food from the kitchen to the dining room until I heard someone fall. It wasn't like falling down like tripping, it was like falling down a flight of stairs. It also sounded painful." She said. 

"Wow...Then what?" I said scared. 

"Well, I went to check on what had happened, leaving my food on a nearby table. I turned around and I saw Queen America near the staircase. I don't know if she was bleeding or not, but she definitely seemed hurt." 

"Was there anyone near her?" I asked her. 

"Not that I know of, Although there was this one girl racing upstairs, I didn't think that it was important though. I grabbed my food and called the Hospital Wing immediately after I had seen Queen America." 
"Anything else?" I asked one last time. 
"That was pretty much it, I don't think there was anything more..." She said. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

America's POV

I can't believe he chose her word over mine. It's insane really. Thinking that he would ever trust me. It was something we were working on, but it wasn't quite working that well. 

Eadlyn started crying, and I quickly got her back to sleep since I didn't want Ahren, the light sleeper, to also awaken. 

Many of the maids left me and the twin's to sleep, but I really didn't want to leave the room. If I really had to, I would have sent a maid out to deliver a message. 

If he can't come into the room to apologize, I won't accept the apologie at all. It was a matter of time before he broke. He took my caste papers, so I couldn't correct them besides being really drowsy. It's either he threw them away or decided to actually start doing them. 

"America?" I heard someone ask. 
I quickly escaped under my bed like a 5-year-old being caught staying past midnight. 
The figure smiled I assumed. 

He took my blanket and put it over my shoulder, making me slightly warmer. He snuggled next to me, thinking I was still asleep. But, I didn't want to say anything in risk of he knowing that I wasn't asleep. 

I soon realized that it was Maxon who was next to me. But the thing is that I didn't want him to move. In a sleep like motion, I turned around and saw him sleeping. His hand placed on my hip, and my hand, near his. It was something I missed, but Eadlyn kept crying...