Forgiven

"I choose...." I started. "America," I said with confidence. I lost her once before, I will never make the same mistake again.

"As for the twins...." I hesitated. "I choose twin "B"," I said. 

"Twin "B"?" Question Doctor Ashlar.

"Yes," I replied, not knowing why she questioned me. "Is something wrong?"I asked.

"No, Your Majesty, It's just, twin "A" is far more stable........and you need an heir don't you?" She caught on.

"I know, it's terrible. I feel like someone from the olden days would do that." I admitted.

"Okay, but just know, if an accident were to occur, our full attention will turn to twin "B". Leaving twin "A" to her death." She explained.

"I know," I whispered. "Don't you have more nurses and doctors?" I asked.

"Many of them were killed in the fight." She said sadly.

"Oh." I said back, Worrying again.

"If the bullet were to pierce America in the stomach, we MUST take the twins out, no matter the condition of them. If this were to happen, they will outside the womb and live with wires all around them. Once they are out, I will perform surgery on America, ensuring that the bullets are out." She explained.

"Okay, but how will that affect the twins," I asked.

"They have a 25% survival rate, being so young and out of the womb." She said.

"25%?!" I said, scared. "No that can't be right!" I yelled trying to change the fact that America was close to death. 

"What about America?" I asked more questions.

"America has a much higher rate of 75%, but if they bullet were to pierce her, not to mention the surgery of getting the twins out, it could drop to as low as 15%." She said, but I could tell she didn't want to tell me.

"No..." I said. Breaking inside. 

"Shall I tell the King and Queen still?" She asked again, maybe thinking I would change my mind.

"No. I want to be the one to tell them" I said with confidence.

"Alright. I will ask you if there are any changes. Right now, my plan starts today by giving her many nutrients that will feed the children. She explained.

Aspen, you are so dead. 

"Aspen! Aspen Leger!" I yelled as I called for him again.

"Ugh, what now?" I heard an officer complain. 

"Oh umm, I'm sorry Your Majesty." He quickly apologised after seeing it was me.

"It's alright, wheres Leger?" I asked. 

"With Lucy." He responded.

"Lucy??" I said confusedly.

"Lucy, Lady America's Maid?" He said.

"Right," I said running up the stairs.

What the hell was he doing in America's room?

I didn't even bother knocking, I just walked right in, hoping to catch whatever he was doing there. 

"There you are," I said to him.

"Your Majesty."He said, bowing.

"Ugh stop that, you never answered my question fully." I snapped.

"I told you, I never hooked up with America!"I screamed at him.

"Then why is she pregnant with twins, and lying on a gurney unconscious." I countered.