Reign

Huh? Almost 400 reads?! Thanks so much! And I love seeing your little comments. It literally makes my day! <3

"King Clarkson, I'm sorry to put this burden on you but you have 2 hours to rule. Would you like to see your grandchildren before you leave for your new house? Maxon and I have made sure that you're close enough to the place to visit frequently." America said. Even after all the times that My father abused her. Physically and mentally, she pulled though. She acted professionally. 

"America, the castes must live. Keep them, darling. Or you will have trouble ruling."

"I'm sorry, but they are such a burden to half the country. My half."

"For goodness sakes! I don't care about you or caste problems, you keep them, I swear, that will come and bit you in the ass. It's not just about you. America, there are other problems?! Aren't you aware of that?!"

America looked like she didn't know the answer, hell, she didn't know the answer. Ahren and Eadlyn were an only week old, and America started to actually do Queenly duties. Even if she wasn't officially queen yet, she insisted that she try.

"Come America, this is too much for you already,"I said, hoping that she would obey....

"No! It isn't! You're treating me as if I'm glass that you don't want to break! I'm not some fragile flower that will break anytime soon!"

I was taken back a bit. She never acted like this, well not like this to me anyway.

"Maxon, you're allowing this Five to yell at you? I'm still in charge, for 2 hours anyway. Send America to the kitchens to work."

"I won't allow it."

"On the contrary, I'm king. For two hours. You can get her back if you wish, but just know, I overrule everyone here. Guards?!"

"It's alright," America said, but I knew she was still mad at me. Maybe she was happy to get out of my sight... Such petty thing to argue about though.

"Maxon, leave her be, she likes being alone. Remember? You weren't even there for your children's birth. Seems to me like America doesn't want you." 

"Nonsense. The children were a little early, but we would have had them anyway." 

"I was hoping with Kriss," My father whispered to himself.

"And I was hoping that you would put your last hours of reign, into good use. Instead, you send my future wife to do chores in a kitchen."

"It would teach her some good skills."

"There's a reason, she yelled at me."

"And that's the same reason I sent her in the kitchen. Get her at 12:00. Then take me and your mom far away from here."

"Father. My mother wishes to stay here. Help America and me with the children. She was great with them."

"Eh, not so great with you. She didn't teach you common sense."

"Father...Leave."

"As you wish, Your Majesty." He glared.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooo, I'll have some pancakes with a maple syrup, topped off with strawberries. What do you recommend for breakfast here?" I asked America.

"Stop."

"Sorry, thought it would be funny." I smiled.

"Yeah. No. Your father literally had guards drag me over here. Did it not occur to you that they were listening in on the entire conversation?! They laughed at me while they were bringing me down here.  You didn't do anything."