Lying Is a Bad Habit

1K?! Wait, what? I'm reading that right, right? Lol. TYSM!!!! EVERYONE. I just looked at my Demographics and I'm seeing Philippines, Chile, UK, and Canada, and the US. I'm just so grateful for you all <3 It's amazing to see everyone from different countries reading my work! Love Ya!

I lied to Maxon. I lied right in front of his little, pretty face. I said that I couldn't remember anything. I remembered everything though. 

I fainted because I couldn't take it anymore. I barely saw my children, fear of them being taken away. Which is why I had Marlee watching them with Kile. I felt so selfish to do that, so I put a maid in charge. I couldn't trust anyone. 

Another reason was that I couldn't marry Maxon without the public absolutely hating me...There was no way out....

"Hey, Darling? I know you're still recovering but I brought the twins..." Maxon said, holding two bundles of blankets, hidden with tiny humans inside.

"I'm fine, I just need some time to think...." I replied. I didn't want to have to lie to him again, so I kinda gave him a response to assume.

"Well, I have some Kingly duties to get too," He said proudly, arching his back way too much.

"Of course, Your Majesty," I said, reaching for Eadlyn and Ahren.

"Wait! Can't I have them while I work?" Maxon replied he sounded as if he was serious.

I glared at him, and he gave me my children.

"I fainted because I couldn't take it. I thought about Kota, and how he rejected giving me away, and I think he also told, but I'm not quite sure." I said quickly.

Maxon's jaw dropped. I was surprised he didn't expect it though.

"Kota?!" He yelled.

"Yea....Umm....Why?"

"He was bashing you for having children at 18....I defended you, but he pretty much said that I didn't know the first thing about you. Said you were ignorant, irresponsible, and just no mann-"

"Umm, I've heard it all before, no need to repeat things...." I cut him off.

"I'm sorry America for bringing it up, you've grown, and didn't you say that he rarely visited? You changed over that time. It's his loss."

"Thanks, now get to work!" I yelled at him. He left the room and tugged his ear. 

"Later" He whispered. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought about it over and over.  I held Ahren in my arm and Eadlyn in my other. I started to place them down, but every time I did that, they would just cry. So, I just held them.

I felt so tired, and I couldn't function. I tried calling for Maxon but still caught up in a meeting. I tried to call for Marlee, but she was busy with Kile. I put Ahren down, and Eadlyn next to him. I decided to take a quick nap. 

"Lady America! Get up now! We're being attacked!"

"Huh? Wait where are my children!?" I screamed.

"I don't know! All I know is that King Maxon went into this room an hour ago."The maid said.

"Okay, if Maxon has them, we're alright. Right?"I said, getting super anxious.

"Lady America, I can't let anything happen to you. Please, just follow me." She said, giving me to the direction of the guard.

I never thought I would see his face. I mean why wouldn't I? He stilled worked here, and it's not like we had any relationship. It's the fact that he's family, but still...

"America. I love you" Aspen blurted out.

"I love you too. You're my family, of course, I love you."I said, ending that conversation.

"No, I mea-"

"Where's Maxon....?" I cut him off. I knew what he was going to say, but I didn't want him to say it.

"Follow me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maxon was pacing back and forth, but when I saw him, I ran up to him. Like children running to her mother."

"America...Don't ever sleep during a rebel attack....."

"I'll try."

"How's Ahren and Eadlyn?"

"America, I thought you were with them?"

"A maid told me that they were you,"

"Maid? There's no maid stationed there, a guard would be there to escort you."

All of a sudden I felt a shock seep through my body. I had no idea where my children were, and yet I was here. In this room.

"Wait your hair has a slight red tint right?" I asked Maxon.

"Sure?" 

I knew who had them. I just didn't want Maxon to know. He would freak out on him. He's family though......