Bullets Hurt

Maxon's POV

America... What am I to do with you? You take my heart and break it, but I still want to fight for you. Ugh.. What have you done to me?

"Your Majesty?" asked one of the advisors.

"Yes?" I said a little startled, but back from reality from my day dream.

"Have you picked the girl from the Selection?" He wondered. He looks as if he knew who the winner was. 

"Yes. The winner is Kriss" I said. Not too happy, but not too said either. 

"Yes, your Majesty." We will work right away on planning." He said a little defeated that it probably wasn't America.

How could I have picked her? She lied, tainted, broke my heart. She lied to me about being with another. Another that was in my house. Sleeping in my house. Ugh... Out of all the guys she chose, she chose the closest one to me. Why America? Why?

I saw her a couple times in the Women's room. I didn't go in or anything, I peeked in there. There she was, talking to Kriss. I honestly don't know what happened. She looked defeated while Kriss sat there grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Did America tell her? Oh no

That would mean Kriss had leverage against America. I know those two have been friends since the beginning, but they have competed against each other. Would she use that information to get America canned? Or worse...? No. Let me get the facts straight.

I walked down the stairs to the dining room. 

"Maxon. Son. Who's your final pick?" Asking me giving me the look that I shouldn't pick America.

"Kriss. It's going to be announced soon." I said, sorta regretting my decisions. I can't back away now. 

"Wonderful. Son. I'm glad you came to your senses." He said with a smile on his face. 

I could only nod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone please welcome, the last two contestants! Kriss Ambers and America Singer!" Gavril said with such an enthusiastic voice. Kinda sounded like Spongebob. Only darker voice, and manlier. 

"Kriss, do you have anything to say to America before we start?" Gavril said.

"America. From the moment I met you. I knew that you were going to be a tough one to face. I knew that you had this personality that no one could turn down. You were meant to be everyone's friend. You were meant to inspire everyone. Lower and Upper castes. I don't know if you know this, but you certainly inspired me." Kriss said, almost crying.

America didn't say anything. She left her pedestal. Walked around to Kriss and gave her a big huge. Through her mic, I could hear her say. Kriss, I love you. I want to talk about everything you've done for me, but I just can't. I'll break into tears and I won't be able to speak anymore. I'm sorry." She whispered. 

Obviously, she meant that. Or tried to make that seem true. Given her past lies, I'm not sure if she's trustable anymore.  For the show, I had to make it seem like I was mad at her. I can't tell Kriss I love her while being so happy that I could tell America the same.

Even if it is true. I won't admit it. God, I'm so stubborn. We'll I guess Kriss will have to live with that. 

"Everyone! Let us welcome the Royal family! King Clarkson! Queen Amberly! And Lastly, Prince Maxon!" Said Gavril, being as bold as he could tonight.