Bright Ideas, Bad Execution

I'm really liking your ideas @Dragular01  <3 Thanks!

"Lady America, King Maxon would not approve of you walking around to find Kota." The guard said. I noticed he was a bit nervous and scared. I figured that he just didn't want to be the one that loses me.

"I'll be fine if Maxon yells at you at all, report to me and I'll take care of it. You shouldn't be blamed for something that you didn't do." 

"Yes, Your Maj-, Lady America." He corrected himself.

"What? Nevermind.." I laughed.

I walked out of the palace, clutching to my dress as I walked into the car. It wasn't a limo because I had to be discreet. It was a plain simple mini van. Perfect for sneaking out. Jeez, I should like a teenager sneaking out. 

Wait...I am a teenager still. Sort of. I turned 18, which means I'm an adult, but barely.

I saw all sorts of things outside of the trip. Plenty of shops, but mostly 7's and 8's walking around the place. I felt so bad and guilty that the citizens would have to pay because I couldn't watch my children.

"The airport, Lady America." The driver said. 

"Thank you. I wish you and your family well" I said with a smile, as I left the car.

The airport was such a rush. I've been there, Once? Twice? That was with a bunch of the Selected girls though, so I guess it sorta counted? I'm finally here by myself. I was here to see my family, more importantly, find Kota. 

Kota is a sweet gentleman. When he wants to be at least...He would never do anything to harm me, or my family for that matter.

"Mom? May?" I asked as I opened the door. Strangely unlocked, but that just meant Gerad was playing outside. 

"America? Are you hurt? Why are you here?" My mother asked.

"I came home, I wanted to talk to Kota," I said, but it seems like they were afraid.

"You should return home." she responded.

"This is my home. Are you alright?" I asked. My mother not responding. After a bit of asking and more asking. She finally responded with 2 words

"Ask May," She said as she went back to cooking.

"May?" I asked, embracing her and reaching out for a hug. She declined and went straight back into her covers.

"Go away America... I don't want to speak." She said, throwing the sheets over her head.

"May, tell me, whats wrong? Mom's acting strange, you're refusing to speak, and I haven't see Gerad yet." I asked her, hoping that she would finally understand. "Do you know where Kota is?" 

"Yes, but I don't want to talk about it...."

"May, Please. Eadlyn and Ahren depend on it..."I pleaded.

"Kota took them. I tried to get them back and..."

"May...Come here, honey." I said apologetically

"It's my fault. I should have held on harder, I shouldn't have let go when he-" She said, but stopping there.

"May? What did he do...?" I said in a calm manner, hoping not to scare her. "You won't get in trouble. I promise."

"He hit me. I was clinging onto Ahren's blanket and Eadlyns. He tried to leave the house, but he couldn't since I was there. I tried to bite him, but he then slapped me in the face. I let go and looked at him. Crying. And he just left." May explained.

"Ohh, May. What has happened since I left?" I asked a rhetorical question. "Im going to find Kota. Talk some sense into him, and he will pay for what he has done." I said with no hesitation.

Maxon's POV

"Where is she again?!" I screamed at no one.

Ughh, here is America leaving again. We had a fight, nothing major, just some disagreements here and there. I didn't think she would leave though. 

"Ask the guard that was posted at her door," I said to another one of the guards.

For once, I thought we were getting somewhere. I thought we were going to get married. I told her I would handle this, but I have been somewhat busy. 

Not busy enough for my own children. I promise, if America comes home safe, I will guard her with all the protection I can grant her. Nothing is going to get past me marrying her. 

"Your Majesty? You called for me?" The guard with blonde hair replied. He looked somewhat nervous...So I grilled him.

"You are aware that Lady America is currently gone correct? You know the love of my life is outside these walls, with everyone hating her out there. They would kill, to have her head on a pike right now. That's how ambitious they are. So answer me, why would you SEND MY LOVED ONE OUT INTO THE OPEN WITH NO PROTECTION!!!" I Screamed at him. 

He flinched at when I yelled, but I already knew the answer.

"Lady America asked me to keep it discreet." 

Called it.

"Keep what discreet?"  I questioned again.

"She's in Carolina right now as we speak. She's trying to find Kota and her children. She figured you wouldn't be on board, so she went alone." He explained.

"Wait what time is it?!" I asked him.

"3:50" He answered.

10 Hours.......

"No, No, No, Have the general send 3 troops up to Carolina, have them take Lady America out of the household. Send 5 troops up to the southern part of Illea. We're finding Lady America and my children!!!" I yelled so the entire palace could hear.