Faults Of One Another

I feel that this story is getting quite redundant but you all seem to enjoy it <3 and Thanks! And OMG! 10,000 Reads?! I'm really so thankful for all of you right now. Even if you wanted to see what this was all about, it means a lot. I'm forever grateful to you. <3 To make up, I'll make 2 chapters tomorrow, and then a one on Saturday. I love you all!

"Your Majesty?" A kind maid told me. 

"Yes?" I answered back not looking up, but I should have since she was quite a shy one. 

"Umm-" She started speaking.

"Yes?" I questioned back at her, this time a little more incredulously. 

"Her Majesty wanted to deliver the word." She replied. 

"Of Course." I said, Gesturing her to continue. 

"I have gathered here with me dozens of maids and butlers. Both curious as to how you plan on eliminating the caste of Eight and Seven." 

"Alright?" I asked, quite curious as to where she was going with this. 

"Please, our work." She said, handing me a small folder of notes. I bet she really planned this through. 

But the thing I really bet is that America was probably the one after all of this. She used her maids and butlers to get a hold of me. Sneaky. She was sneaky. Irrelevant though, I grew up with a decency to listen to people, so I read it. 

King Maxon Schreave, and Queen America Schreave. We are delighted on the behalf of Illea about the subject... 

Speaking of America, where the hell was she? I swear, I just heard her voice a second ago. Something about Ahren. I wasn't sure though. 

I did my best trying to find her but no luck. I looked through all the wings, and all the rooms there possibly could be. 

I found Eadlyn and decided to take her with me on a hunt to find her mother. Ugh, Where was she? 

"Daddy? Ahren?" She asked me. 

"Not sure," I said back, but I then realized she had a good point. America and Ahren were gone. If America and Ahren were gone, it would be fine since they were probably playing together in the garden. Why they didn't bring Eadlyn along is beyond me. 

I walked upstairs thinking that everything would be completely fine since they were outside. I knew that now. I opened the folder again that the maid gave me before. 

We are aware of you and the Queens predicament with the Princess of France and we would like to state that, that was a horrible mistake on your part. Continuing on. 

I read that part at least a dozen times before analyzing it in my brain. "Predicament? Princess of France? Mistake?" I thought. 

Strange. 

I put Eadlyn down near her crib but allowed her to crawl around since that's what babies do best. She started to get tired so I rocked her to sleep. 

As I was doing so, I thought more about America. How her rash behavior got us here. I forgot what we were arguing about now. It seems so petty. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard someone calling my name and realized that it was my butler. 

"Your Majesty?" He called. 

"Hmm?" I whipped my head backward seeing him running towards me. 

"You're needed at the Hospital Wing." 

"But I'm not injured." I countered. 

"Please." He said, sounding sad. 

I followed him exactly where he wanted me to go. And there I saw something that I only witnessed once. And I had never wanted to witness ever again. As long as she was in my life, I internally promised myself that she would never have to lie on a gurney ever again. But here we are. 

I saw the doctor put the blanket over her shoulders, but not over her head. It was a clear indication that she was alive, but barely. 

"What happened?!" I yelled at the doctors who were taken aback. None of them seemed to want to answer me, so I asked again. 

"What the hell happened?! Why is America here? Again? Might I ask?!" I screamed getting furious. 

"Umm- Pardon, but Your Majesty, we were informed that Her Majesty suffered some falling of stairs?" The doctor said, but he sounded confused. 

"Why do you sound confused? This is the Queen you're talking about! Have some respect." 

I stopped listening once I finished talking. But I slowly averted the doctor's eye contact and looked at America's stomach. It was all flat. Her figure was incredible, and she was all mine. 

"Your Majesty?" He asked me, scared to do so. 

"Queen America shall wake up in the next hour or so?" He said. "There are some things I'd like to discuss with you personally though." 

"Why not now?" 

"I don't believe that America would want you to deal with that right now. As I am aware, she asked the maids and butlers to get rid of the castes, so I believe that is what you should be doing, correct?" 

"It's. My. Job." I seethed.

"Very well." He replied. 

 "Oh and one more thing I'd like to add, America may deal with short-term memory loss, due to the fall. If that is the case, we must fill her in on what has happened. Regardless if it is good or bad." 

"Ummm, how far back?" I asked, now curious. 

"The past few days possibly?" 

A few days ago, we got in a fight. I haven't seen America in so long. Those nights were dreadful. 

"We shall not tell her," I said to him, not trying to bring controversy. 

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry, but this is in my medical education and the law!" He said starting to yell. 

"You better  keep your voice down!" I whisper yelled. 

"I will be telling America. End of discussion." He said. 

"I will be firing a certain doctor if they disobey orders." I seethed. 

"This will get to the newspapers, and no one will ever want you near America again!" He promised.

And just for a split second, I was afraid of the fact that he might be right.