And I'll Suffer

Lucy POV. 

At that moment, I knew exactly what I had to do. I had to give America these pills, but I had no idea what she needed them for. For all I know, they could be poison to kill her. My first instinct was to try them for myself, but there was absolutely no label, no instructions, not even an expiration date. All of this was just so confusing. Although America saved me at my worst times, it's time to pay the debt.  

I walked into America's hospital room, and there she was. Holding a book in her lap and reading it with a smile as she grazed for the next page. I knew I had Aspen, but my lady looked wonderful. So fit for a Queen. 

I reached out for the water cup to fill it and to give her the pills. 

"Sooo, How are you and Maxon holding up?" I asked her. 
"Eh, I think this whole King thing is getting to him. Acting as if everything needs to be perfect. I mean it should be, I have a baby on the way, and I bet Eadlyn and Ahren would just love to meet him or her." She replied with a smile. 

"America. I afraid I have to tell you, but-" 

"America! Come here." Maxon came inside. 

America swung her feet over from the bed and began walking towards him. To avoid her going with him, I gestured at the pills and the water. 

"The doctor didn't prescribe her with any pills. What's that?" Maxon questioned and glared at me. 

I was frightened scared to death. If he finds out, I and Ashlar will both be in jail for attempted murder. 

"Nothing Your Highness. Just some painkillers." 

"I'm pregnant. I can't take painkillers not prescribed by the doctor." 

I was desperate. I needed to get these into her system, fear of what she would do if she didn't take them. 

I yelled at America 

"America you need to listen to me. Take the pills, you aren't pregnant. You lost your baby when falling down the stairs. These pills will help you through this as you might be feeling depressed and or anger. Please, take them to your feelings won't jeopardize the kingdom." 

"What?" She asked looking confused. 

"I'm sorry. I wished there was a different way to tell you, but I didn't know how. If this were happening to me I would-" 

"I lost my baby? A baby? My baby? Because of a fall...that caused me to...That Daphne did to me?" 

"Daphne? She did this?" 

I looked shocked, as I turned around to find Doctor Ashlar within the same place that I had seen him before. It was too late. I told America what had happened, and now, I was going to have to pay the consequences. It was worth it. For my lady, it's worth it. 

Maxon nodded his head in approval of what the guards were thinking and continued on fooling America at her state of oblivion. 

America. Please. Take the pills. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

This update was long overdue. I'm going to end this book and start a new one. Something completely different from this, but still with a lot of drama. I think I would update a lot more if I enjoyed advancing the story plot, rather than focusing on just fillers such as this one. Thank you all so much if you're at this point. And thank you for beating my ass to write.