Ransom

Thanks, @Dragular01 for the storyline!!!

"The castes shall stay if you want your children back..." Kota said through a video. I knew it... I knew it from the start, he wouldn't harm them in any way. He justed wanted them for leverage against me. To have some proof. "Oh and if you're thinking about sending your guards over, try again. Your children will be perfect gifts to the southern rebels...." Kota grinned. 

At this point, I didn't know if he was kidding or not. I sure he was...Wouldn't he do that to 1-month-olds right?

"Arghhh, who does your brother think he is?! He's a One already, and he's still famous...What more could he need?!" Maxon yelled to no one in particular.

"Actually...Not a one yet!" I said, hinting to Maxon that we weren't married.

"America, no time for that right now, I need to find Ahren and Eadlyn." He said, clearly flustered and confused.

"I think the main reason he wants the castes to stay is that he wants to be famous..." I replied, but he fearing his frustration...

"HE'S ALREADY A ROYAL! HOW MUCH DOES ONE GUY NEED?!" Maxon yelled at me, which made me jump. He noticed and I hope he felt bad...He was always yelling and yelling. "I'm sorry America, I'm just tired and scared." He said.

"Aren't we all?" I replied with a laugh. "Have the guards found anything?"

"No, it's slow finding, but I hope they can pull something through..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"King Maxon, Que-, Err Lady America," The guard said. I laughed at his mistake and so did Maxon.

"What's wrong?" Maxon asked him, still smiling a bit.

"Kota has sent another message, I don't think you'll like it."

Announce that the cases will stay. On the next report, have America say it out to the public...That way they will hate her more....It must be Lady America who says it though. Anyone else, the babies go to the rebels. You have 10 hours.

"No! Maxon! We have to do something!" I cried in his arms.

"America, you won't say a thing....Do you hear me?!" He yelled.

I could only nod in return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lady America, Sir Clarkson is requesting you."

Me? Why me? Weird, I bet Maxon wouldn't want me to talk to him, but lately, Maxon isn't letting me do anything by myself. I went to go see for myself.

"America! What are you thinking?! I overheard two guards saying that you are stuck between the heirs and your brother! Choose the heirs!"

" 'The Heirs' Have names you know?! They mean a lot to me, yes, but Kota also means a lot to me." I replied confidently.

"You will announce that the castes are staying, or I promise you, the world will know of your's and Maxon's affair. His mother won't be able to protect you from me...."

"Are you threatening me?" I asked.

"Yes, announce it, or there will be hell to pay for afterward...."

"Why should I trust you?" I ask.

"Cause I know about you and Aspen. I could ruin both of your lives in an instant... They need a witness. I have Kriss, I have Kota, and myself. We will ruin you. Not to mention Aspen as well... Watch your words when you say the announcement..."

"Yes, sir...."I said. The minute I walked out. I broke down...I'm sorry Maxon. You're going to hate me....