Her Voice, Her Reality

America's POV

"Ha! So I knew it....The little Lady is coming to be the hero that saves her children. No guards, no Maxon, nothing. Just yourself." Kota said, not revealing the position he was in.

"Kota! Just come out already! Please." I pleaded for him to come out. To talk. Just then, a rebel put his arm around my neck. Held me there tight enough so that I wouldn't move, but not tight enough that I would pass out.

"Sweet, sweet America. You would think that after all the times you were hurt, taken away, punished. You still came back. You never really learn your lesson." Kota said, trying to belittle me.

"Quit belittling me. It's not working. I have two wonderful children, a future husband at home, a roof over my head, and food on my plate. Stop trying to make me feel as if I'm being pitied!" I yelled so the entire room could hear. 

"You may have food on your plate, but what about us? Huh? You dine in lobsters and crabs. Finest wine, while we are stuck with nothing." The rebel spat at me. 

"We are working on the castes being taken down. That takes time, but after that, there will be no more caste assignments." I explained. Hoping that It would calm him down.

"Foolishness!" He yelled at me. "There are stereotypes that go with every castes! You of all people should understand. Haven't you been called? "A wannabe Two?" He screamed. 

"Jackson, calm down, we're here to negotiate with America, not scare her into not talking."He gave Jackson a death stare.

"Yes, sir." He answered back. Damn, Kota had some leadership skills here. 

I looked around the room, nothing too much. A bed, some lights. A staircase. Honestly looked like an abandoned house. Nothing unusual though. Seven's and Eight's usually slept on the floor or abandoned houses. 

As I looked more and more, there were whispers. So I doubted that I was alone other than Kota and rebel guy. 

"America. Let's talk." Kota said with a grin on his face.

"Talk what?"I asked for confirmation. 

"Let's talk castes. Let's talk potential assassin. Let's just talk." He replied with nothing else. I got a little nervous after he said assassin. I fear that he wanted me to kill Maxon. At that point, I thought it was either me or Maxon. Maxon had a country to run. I had a decision, if it comes down to it, Maxon stays alive.

"You want me to kill Maxon?" I asked him with deadly eyes. "If so, I refuse. He is my love. I won't do it because my own BROTHER wants me to." I yelled. 

"Fine, have it your way....." He threatened and left the room. With me and Jackson left. Him still holding my throat.

"You're insane for not accepting, We'll kill him either way, at least, with our plan....You can keep your life and your children." 

"Never! I know that I wanted to do this myself, but Maxon will never just let me go without backup. He will be here shortly. Mark my words." I said. With that, we never said anything else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up sweetie...." The rough voice said.

I tried to remember where I was, but honestly, I couldn't. It was still so dark, and I couldn't see anything with the naked eye. I tried to figure it out. Put the pieces together. Nothing.

I was dragged into a car, and I didn't remember a single thing. The next thing I knew was that we were driving for so long. It seemed like days before I could hear or see something. I feared that It was days before I saw something. I was in Angeles. In front of the palace. The first face I saw stepping out of the palace was Aspen.

With my dress on, hair was done by a young rebel. It sure seemed like I took Kota's side over Maxon. Kota led me out, but the rebel behind me seemed to be watching me like a hawk. Making sure I didn't run, escape or do anything. I was supposed to be pretty. I was a symbol to the public that I took Kota's side. If only someone would let me speak. Boy, have I missed out on a lot....

===========================================================

Maxon's POV

"Sir, they're not in here." The guard said after checking a nice house. 

"Try that one," I said, referring to the very dim house. 

Without an answer, he left and went in. I was shocked to see a whole rebel group. Maybe half a rebel group waiting for me. 

"Ahhh, here is the "Maxon" That we've all been hearing about. Hello, your Majesty. America was right. She knew you would be here." The guard said looking straight at me.

"Funny you should say that I was just coming to retrieve my future wife," I said to his face.

"So cute. That's what America said about you...Your really the perfect match." He replied snarkily. 

"Where is America?" I asked. Looking him dead in the eye. He looked not at all serious. As if he had a dark secret about me that only I knew about. 

"America and I had some fun while you were gone. She seemed to enjoy it, but you already know how America is when she's alone with you." He said with a smirk on his face. I felt my skin on fire. I had to punch something, and I knew exactly what I was punching. 

"Why I outta cage you up!" I yelled at him as if he was an animal. I sent the guards to go and restrain him. Put him in the back seat with 5 guards. 

"Of course, America was numbed and blacked out. She couldn't feel a single thing or see a single thing. The poor creature."

I slapped him hard. So hard, that it would take hours for him to wake up. I walked up to the capital which I was then greeted by a guard. 

"Message from Angles. From your father." He said handing me a note.

Come home now son. America has found a new lover. She's taking Kota's side. Home. Now. She has her children now. She's holding them as I write this note. I know that I hate America, but she looks scared. I've changed. I've spent time with Amberly. She looks scared, but she knows what she is doing. I know exactly what she is doing. Head home soon. This is a conversation we should be having in person. Not over a letter.....