I'll Pretend

Maxon POV
"Can you tell us what it was like in there exactly?" The reporter said, grinning without care of the fact that my family was crumbling before me.
"Maxon...He's my king but I'm not sure at this point. He acts like a child with the power of a god. He's abusing it. To him and others."

I should have sent him to jail when I had the choice...
I turned on the TV in the Men's Parlor and what I find is absolutely dreadful...
"Queen America Lies In Hospital Bed, Her Doctor On the Streets, Royal Family Crumbling?"
"Where are the Children"
"Southern Rebels Will Take Control?"
All these words completely tore me apart.
I never meant to hurt America, but either way, I did. She doesn't know it, but when she does, she'll cry. Then she'll think. Next, she'll be out of this palace with Eadlyn and Ahren as fast as she can.
There was no way I could win, but I had to.

———————————————————
"Soo...Never got a word on Kylie, Belle, or even Nicole" America said, pointing I the glass of water, gesturing me to give it to her.
I grabbed the water and tried to avoid the question as best I could.
"Maxon?" She asked, obviously getting worried
"Hey," I said to her, placing my hand on her shoulder, it'll be okay...
"Okay." She said. Me and her both knew we were lying.
——————————————————
Lucy POV

"Lucy?" I heard someone whispering my name, but unaware of who it might be.

"Lucy. I need you to do me a favor..." The voice spoke and slowly started coming out of the shadows of the palace walls. 

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked. 

"A doctor, who knows America. Give these to her, trust me, It's Ashlar." They said. 

"Lies! How do I know you're telling the truth?!" I yelled back. 

"The twins, Ahren has a scarmark on his foot, they were shot at. America didn't fall, or whatever her coverup story was." 

At that moment I realized. It was Doctor Ashlar. 
"I was fired, but I don't want America to suffer because of Maxon." 

He hesitated and started again. 

"What I'm about to tell you is something just you and I will have to know. Can I trust you on that?" 

"We're talking about America here right?" I asked. "I would give her my life if I had to. Not because she's my queen, but her personality, her charisma, and her humbleness. I would do anything to help her." I replied, holding my head high.

"Alright...America was going to have another baby, but I won't go into details, but she lost it because of Maxon. How he trusted Daphne more than America. Led to her and her babies fall. I wanted to tell America, but Maxon refused and fired me before I had a chance." He explained, looking into my eyes, I knew he was telling the whole truth. 

"Umm" I started

"Tell America those exact words. Give her these pills. They help with getting her strength back. Don't tell Maxon of the conversation. He will have my head for this."

"He might put you in jail for a couple hours, not have your head." I rolled my eyes. 

But what I witnessed is so much scarier. 

"Lucy. I don't believe that one bit..." He replied and left. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post once or twice this week, thinking about ending the book, but not sure yet... <3 Love you all if your still reading this!