Sacrifices Mean Something

2k reads! <3

Maxon's POV

I stared at the blank greyish wall, possibly for more than an hour. I knew that America was coming to get me, she didn't want to marry Aspen. She wanted me. That's all I wanted to hear as she hung on to me as long as she could. I do wish that she is safe with my father and mother. With her two children and her family standing by her side.She was unstoppable in my eyes. 

In time, I'll see her. For now, im stuck here until the palace finds me. Palace? Wait...This looks so familiar....

I am in the palace. 

I started yelling and screaming for anyone to come over.  I needed to know the condition of America and my family. 

"Guards?! Guards?!" I screamed across the hall. I wasn't locked up, but I was in a locked hallway. A hallway used for safe rooms. I guess I was locked in a safe room for all that time. 

Kinda ironic, I'm in a safe room, yet I don't feel safe. I feel quite the opposite. 

"Shush your voice before I have them married sooner!" Kota popped out. 

"What are you doing? What is your plan?" I sneered. 

"I can't tell you, oh hell, I'll tell you anyway. There's nothing you can do right now about it...." Kota laughed at me. 

"Spill it..." I said. 

"America is hated by the people of Illea. Thanks to her recent stunt she pulled, she managed to gain the trust of the women and upcoming fathers....Which really put a dent in my plan. Nonetheless, it will not affect it." 

"How so?" I asked. Intrigued on how this would play out."

"Maxon! Shut up! I'm talking here!" He yelled at me.

He really did have some ego problems. No wonder America hates him so much.....

"America shall marry Aspen. Which then sends the public into the impression that America has betrayed you and her children. So that will make it seem like her recent words were just a hoax. Meant for the show...Then the public again will hate her." Kota said, looking like he was a genius.

To be fair, his idea was a genius, but America would never do that. Not to Lucy or to me. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe a day passed? I was still stuck in the same safe room. Filled with a wooden bed and some water. Kota didn't even have the decency to get me water that wasn't a year old...

"Come." The rebel said, gesturing me to the chair. "Sit." He insured. 

I had no idea what has happened, but slowly a bandana was covered around my mouth. Ensuring that I couldn't speak. 

America walked in, with the greatest dress on. A gorgeous white dress and a long lacy veil. Followed by Aspen, wearing one of my tuxes. God, did he have to steal everything?!

Wait, lacy veil? Jet black tux? No.... Kota wasn't that cruel. I was standing maybe 5 feet away from them. I was going to watch them get married. 

Aspen looked fine with whatever. Sure he did. He had America, his best friend. He had Lucy, his lover. All I had was America, who about to be ripped to shreds from me...

America looked scared. She constantly turned to me if anything would happen. Nothing. I stared at her, she stared back. I thought about every single moment we had. 

"Maxon. Welcome to the wedding of Aspen Leger and America Singer." Kota said. 

"I'm a part of the future royal family. That means I can get whatever I want to the public. I wanted to be a certified wedding officiant. Which means, all the joy with this union." Kota said, so thrilled. "Do you take America Singer to be your wife?" Kota asked him.

I didn't agree, but I nodded. This was the only way to keep America safe. 

As much as I hated Maxon, She will always be a part of him. No matter what. 

"Yes." He said to Kota. 

"Do you America Singer, take Aspen to be your husband?" Kota asked her with a smirk. As if he won everything. 

"Ummm," She said, biting her lip. She looked to me, but I couldn't bear her to be hurt. I solemnly nodded my head "Yes".

"No." She said. I was astounded. I saw America run, I swear I saw it! She bolted as fast as she could down the hall. With Aspen following and all the rebels following him, I could break free. 

One problem...Kota was there. Right there to slap me. For everything, I did to him. My face was blank as I slapped him. He fell down, and I guess I hit him hard. Hard enough for him to sleep. I took his key and cut the rope and I chased after America.

I saw America being taken with my mother as I ran 7 flights of stairs. Who knew we had such a large basement? 

Was my mother in on this? I have more respect for her than ever before. 

"Maxon. Come." She gestured to me and to the cameraman. 

"I welcome you to the wedding of Maxon Calix Schreave, and America Singer." She said toward the camera, in a small room. She whispered words which made it almost impossible to hear. 

"Do you, America Singer, take Maxon Calix Schreave to be your Husband?" My mother asked America. 

"Yes," She answered with a smile. 

"Perfect." She said facing me.  We both know the answer to this question. 

"Do you, Maxon Calix Schreave take America Singer to be your hus-" She said, but was cut off.

"Ahhh, Miss Amberly, I didn't know you were a Wedding officiant," Kota said to her. 

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Man and Wife!" She yelled at him but was referring to us. 

Kota didn't seem angry, but once he saw the camera's he was raging. 

"What have you done?!" He screamed at my mother. 

"That is my mother you're yelling at!" I yelled in his face. "America and I were married on live television. Everone knows what a traitor you are!" I said. 

America didn't say anything. He was her brother, of course, she was going to treat him differently.

"Kota, it wouldn't be right for you to give me away. Aspen, may you do it?" I asked him. 

Damn. She knew it would straighten the bond between him and herself, and have all of Illea seeing what an amazing family we were. 

School's starting. So, fewer updates.... :(But there will be updates! Kinda wishing I was homeschooled right now....I promise, there will be updates, maybe twice every few days? I love you all!