Bad Dream

"Y/N, the paparazzi is following us. We need to drive faster," Michael said.

You looked in your rearview mirror and noticed a handful of motorcycles behind you. Stepping on the gas, you urged your car forward. The motorcycles rolled on the side of you and began snapping pictures. The constant flashes blinded you and your car ran into a wall, knocking you both unconscious.

After waking up, you're surrounded by camera flashes. You look to your right to see Michael in the passenger seat, a pole through his chest. He was dead.

~~~~

Sitting up quickly, you glanced around the room. It was dark and Michael was asleep next to you. You sighed and rubbed your eyes. This was the fifth time you'd had this nightmare. It always brought you to tears.

You quietly rolled out of bed and tiptoed to the bathroom. The small nightlight lit the bathroom with a golden glow. It was dark, but not too dark for you to see the tears streaming down your face. You leaned down and flushed your face with water. As you let your face dry, the nightmare came back to you. You began to quietly cry. Each image made each sob come out harder. It became difficult for you to keep quiet.

The sudden creak of the bed made you stop. You covered your mouth, trying to muffle your uneven breathing. The door creaked open.

"Y/N? Are you okay in here?" A sweet voice asked.

You cleared your throat before answering.

"Yes, Michael. I'm fine. Just go back to bed."

A hiccup escaped your lips from crying. Michael was too smart for you to attempt to trick him. He came all the way in.

"Y/N? Have you been crying?" He asked, sympathy clear in his voice.

"Michael, please go back to bed. You have to record in the morning."

"I'm not going to bed. You're not fine. I can see it in your eyes."

You put your head in your hands and let out a cry. He quickly came over, taking you into his arms. You knew you were alarming him, but you didn't care.

"What's going on? What's wrong?"

You tried to talk, but your uneven breathing and hiccups interfered.

"Just breathe for a second. You're okay," he said, trying to calm you down.

He sat you on the counter and you wrapped your legs around his waist. He rubbed your back as you dug your face into his neck.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you. The paparazzi hunt us. They put us in so much danger. I can't lose you. I just can't," you cried.

"Where did all of this come from, Y/N?"

"I've been having the same nightmare for quite some time now. It always ends with your death. I wake up in tears every time. I just don't-"

"Y/N, baby. I'm not going anywhere. Remember what we said? We're going to grow old together. You'll always have me."

You sniffled and held onto him like a koala. He held you tightly and ran his hand down your back.

After a long silence, he asked, "Have you been coming to the bathroom every night?"

"Only when I have the nightmare."

"Oh, Y/N. Tell me next time. Wake me up, please. I don't want you alone in here. I know what it's like to feel like you have no one to talk to."

You nodded. That's when he began to sing to you.

"There'll be no darkness tonight, lady our love will shine..."

His soothing voice made the world fade around you.

As you drifted off, you felt him pick you up and carry you to bed. Being petite had its benefits.

His singing never stopped. You both laid back in the bed, his arms enveloping you. He ran his hand through your hair, knowing it soothed you.

"I'll always be here, Y/N. Don't worry."