Two Bodies, One Soul

So many times I want to hold you, oh, so near
I want to say I love you softly in your ear
Oh, baby
Don't keep running
My heart is yearning for your love
'Cause my heart is yearning for your love

~ "Yearning For Your Love" by The Gap Band

If any of you have been waiting for an imagine about ... the first night ... well, you're in luck. I'm going to keep it romantic and I'm going to keep it classy/traditional (if I can even describe something like this as traditional). These are two adults who are very much in love and, if you should desire to, you will witness their first night of love.

~~~~

A gentle smile came to your face as you looked up at your husband. Under the city lights coming from the window, you found it difficult to see his full expression. However, you had enough light to see his marvelous brown eyes. As they stared down at you, your nerves grew as you shifted nervously on your feet.

Observing your expression, Michael furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "What's wrong?" He asked softly.

You looked away, trying to focus your gaze on something else in the room. The two of you were standing in the middle of your hotel bedroom. Michael had promised you that, while on tour, he'd keep you in the most luxurious places. For the past three months, he'd kept that promise. However, as the two of you continued to migrate from hotel room to hotel room, the burning question began to  knack at you from the back of your mind.

You and Michael had been in a relationship for seven months. However, you'd known one another for years prior. As soon as you made the decision to take things further, you knew that you were risking the years of foundation from your friendship. However, those worries soon proved to be in vain. As a friend, Michael was an angel. As a romantic partner, Michael was a dream. Nevertheless, there was one thing that you still couldn't shake: your lack of intimacy.

Michael had always been extremely affectionate towards you. This was something that he'd shown for years, even before you established a relationship. For the most part, you loved his affection. He wasn't overly affectionate with a large group of people, so, being the target of most of his hugs and kisses, you felt special. In spite of that, you could never rid yourself of a burning guilt. You didn't know if Michael wanted to be intimate and was just waiting for you, or if the thought had even crossed his mind. However, whenever he kissed you deeply, or massaged your shoulders, you had the gut feeling that he sometimes wanted to do more.

So, as Michael stood over you, observing your facial expressions with his daunting gaze, you couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated.

"Michael, I want you to know that I am undoubtedly, insanely, infinitely in love with you," you spoke softly, looking up at him with glowing eyes.

His expression softened. "I love you more, baby. You've given me more than I could ever ask for."

Your heart clenched at his words. "No, I haven't."

He tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

"For a while now, I've wanted to give you me. All of me. I know you're probably ready for it and I feel like I am, but I'm just . . . I'm scared because I've never . . ."