Sky of Diamonds and Sea of Ripples

The tour stripped you of your sense of reality. It was magical and entertaining, but you forgot what life felt like. After many rigorous rehearsals and performances, Michael finally had a day off. He promised to do something special.

"Come on, Y/N. Are you ready yet?" Michael asked eagerly.

"Almost, I'm hurrying I swear. We have to wait for the beach to clear right?"

"It closes in ten minutes. We'll be fine."

"What about leftover stragglers?"

"We'll be fine, Y/N! Is it a bad thing that I'm eager to spend time with you?"

"Of course not, love. I just want to look decent."

"It'll just be us. You don't have to look fancy for me. Besides, you're gong to get your hair wet."

"I know that. Okay I'm ready. Can you help me zip this up?"

Michael zipped up your wetsuit.

"This is going to be amazing. Sea life has always mesmerized me," you smiled.

"Especially under the moon and stars, it's going to be magical."

"Are you sure the beach will be clear?"

"Of course it will. We're staying forty five minutes away. It'll be empty by the time we get there. You know, the last thing I want is to be mobbed."

"That's true. Okay let's go."

As Bill drove you two, you couldn't help but admire the beautiful scenery under the night sky.

"I love the countryside. You can see for miles."

"I know, huh?"

The moon lit the sky with a magical glow. You felt like you were in a fantasy novel. Everything was so unreal.

You finally arrived at your destination. Michael jumped out with you and ran down the sand.

"You guys forgot your scuba gear!" Bill called.

So caught up in the moment, neither of you heard him. Bill sighed, smiling. He decided to let you guys take everything in before he brought them to you.

"Look at this, Michael!" You yelled.

"Wooh!" Michael screamed.

Your voices echoed, proving how far out you were. Some might find it nerve wracking, but you two found it exciting. You were the only ones for miles and you loved that.

"This is beautiful!" You screamed.

"Look over there!" Michael yelled.

He grabbed your hand and ran down the shore with you. The stars shined above you like diamonds in the sky. Your feet dug into the sand, leaving deep footprints. A warm breeze blew through your hair. This was paradise.

"Look!" He pointed.

The reflection of the moon shined on a small crystal. Michael picked it up.

"Isn't it beautiful?" He asked.

"Uh huh! Look over there! There's more!"

You ran a few feet away and picked up the shining object in the sand. It was another crystal. Needless to say, you two spent a chunk of time searching for crystals.

"Can I give you these now?" Bill asked.

"Oh yes! Thank you, Bill!" Michael smiled, taking the scuba gear.

"You two stay in the shallow water. Only shallow."

"We understand," you playfully rolled your eyes.

"I know you understand. But will you listen?"

"Yes," you both replied.

Bill looked at you guys for a second, then nodded in satisfaction. You squealed and grabbed Michael's hand.

"Come on! I want to see some fish!"

"Okay, okay, hold on," he giggled.

He helped you into your scuba gear and you returned the favor. Quickly running to the water, you took your first few steps to get your feet wet.

"The water is warm," you smile.

Michael steps in and nods.

The both of you made your way deeper and deeper into the water. Finally, the water came to your chins.

"Ready?" Michael asked.

"Mhmm."

You guys put on your goggles and lowered your heads. Immediately, you were engulfed into another world. Your eyes widened as you saw the sea life maneuver under the surface. Fish swam peacefully and the reef glowed under the moonlight. Even though it was night, life still buzzed like a busy street.

Michael grabbed your hand and swam with you. You smiled as you passed by clown fish and lion fish.

As you swam deeper, a huge manta ray surprised both of you. You were going to panic, but Michael put his hand on your shoulder, telling you it was fine. The manta ray swam extremely close and Michael reached out to touch it. The manta ray gladly accepted his contact. He motioned for you to touch it, so you did. The surface of its skin was soft, slimy, and smooth.

A sudden blur rushed by you, making you turn around. A dolphin gladly greeted you. Smiling, you looked at Michael to see another dolphin greeting him. You tapped his shoulder and he turned around. Grabbing the dolphin's dorsal fin, you motioned for him to do the same. He grabbed the dolphin's fin. The dolphins got the message and swam to the surface. Both of you hung on tightly.

~~~~

"That was incredible!" You exclaimed.

"I told you we'd do something special."

"But the animals, it's like they knew what we wanted."

"They're such beautiful creatures and dolphins are highly intelligent."

"Yeah, I guess so. Wow."

You laid your head down on the sand. Looking up at the stars, you felt like you were in another universe.

"I could stay here forever," Michael said, laying down.

"So could I."

"What are we going to do with those crystals?"

"We can keep them. We have the room don't we?"

"Oh yeah, you're right. We have more than enough room."

You giggled.

Michael rolled over and kissed your cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you more."