As The Tension Thickens

"Years later and you are still a legend for Soul Train," you smiled proudly at him.

He looked away and smiled.

"And still so humble," you continued, kissing his cheek.

The two of you were invited to attend the Soul Train Awards for Michael's nominations and honorary awards. As he posed with his handful of awards on the red carpet, you smiled proudly up at him. The paparazzi encouraged some form of interaction between you guys, so Michael kissed your cheek. The camera flashes increased and the fans went wild. You laughed and turned your head away in embarrassment.

"Come and join us at the after party!" Quincy exclaimed, patting Michael on the back.

"I don't know, Q. Y/N and I were just going to head home," Michael answered.

"C'mon, Mike. You gotta unwind and have some fun, especially after all you got tonight!"

Michael glanced down at you and you shrugged.

"There's gonna be plenty of music, food, wine, and spots for us to lay back."

"Alright, I guess we'll stop by for a bit."

Quincy pumped his fist at Michael's agreement and began guiding you two in the direction of the hotel. Hand in hand, you guys entered the hotel and the party room. The ginormous room was darkened with silhouettes of people dancing on the dance floor. Next to the bar, refreshments were lined on a table against the back wall. In a few corners of the room were red, velvet curtains.

"We claimed our own little space back there," Quincy said, pointing to curtains tucked away in the left corner, "They lead to a private room. Why don't you two head back there and I'll have someone get some refreshments for us."

"Thanks, Q."

Michael positioned his hand on the small of your back and guided you to the private room. Though it wasn't as dark as the main room, the private room was still dimly lit. You gawked at the ornately designed interior. On each wall was a red velvet Victorian chaise sofa. In the center of the room was a long, low, glass table. A few wine glasses were already set on it. The carpet and walls contained intricate designs that added to the vintage appearance. You couldn't help feeling slightly out of place.

"This is beautiful," you whispered.

"Yes it is," Michael agreed, looking around as much as you were.

As Michael began to guide you to a sofa, you tugged on his hand. He turned to you.

"Michael, this is a room for the greats--like you. I shouldn't be in here."

Michael's brows furrowed as he looked at you in confusion and shock.

"Y/N, what do you mean? It's just a simple V.I.P. Room. Anyone can rent it for the night. And anywhere I belong, you belong too. Don't forget that."

He leaned down to kiss your head.

"Come on, let's sit down."

He pulled you over to the sofa and sat down. After putting a long arm around you, you settled into Michael's side. A few minutes went by before you realized who was in the room with you.