"Breathe With Me"

87 K reads. I cannot thank you enough. We've officially reached the bad era with the number of reads . . . get it? 'Cause it's 87 K and 1987?

I'll stop now. Enjoy <3

~~~~

With a quickly-beating heart, you looked out the window. You had a view of the runway, which looked more daunting from inside the plane. For anyone who loved flying, having a bed right next to the window on a beautiful, city night sounded like a dream. However, it was the opposite for you.

"Hey, baby," a soft voice spoke.

You turned your head and smiled slightly. Michael returned a smile before jumping on the bed with you. The two of you were inside his private jet, waiting for it to take off for the first destination on his tour. You were ecstatic when you found out you could accompany Michael on the tour, but you knew you'd have to get over your one fear.

"Hey," you spoke softly.

He furrowed his brows at your tone. "You okay?"

"Mhm," You hummed, looking out the window.

Michael—not convinced—looked between you and the window. It didn't take him long to pick up on your nerves.

"You aren't scared of flying, are you?" He asked.

You hesitated.

"You are, aren't you?" He inferred, squeezing your knee gently, "I don't care for it too much either."

You turned to him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I don't really like it. There isn't much I can do about it though."

This made you chuckle. "You're right about that."

The engine fired up, making your smile fall. Michael looked at you and gestured you over with his fingers.

"Come here," he said softly, opening his arms.

You let out a breath before crawling over to him. Adjusting himself, he moved into a laying position and pulled you on top of him. He helped you lay on your stomach and rest your head on his chest. Once you were settled, he began rubbing your head.

"Don't even think about it," he whispered.

"I wish it was that easy," You whispered back.

"You're gonna have a beautiful view of the stars," he said, trying his best to distract you, "I know how you love looking up at the stars."

You sighed softly. "I know."

The plane began moving and your heart rate increased. Since you were laying on top of Michael, he could feel it too.

"Hey," he said softly, sounding more concerned, "Look at me."

You adjusted your head and gazed up at him, fear evident in your eyes. He never ceased from rubbing your head.

"Relax," he whispered, moving his hand to rub your back.

"I'm trying," you said softly, glancing out the window.

By now, you could see the lights of the buildings passing. It wouldn't be long before the plane would be in the air. Michael reached out and shut the blinds.

"Don't think about it," he repeated.

As much as you tried to ignore it, you could feel it. The rough feeling of the plane on the ground disappeared and the engine sounded louder than ever.