Out Of The Blue

Now it's you
Out of the blue
Love appeared
Before my eyes with you
Dream come true
I never thought I'd realize
What love was, what love was,
What love was
- "Out Of The Blue" By Debbie Gibson

Once again, you hurried through the maze of tables, trying to satisfy as many customers as possible. Luckily, it was a slow evening at the restaurant. The golden rays from the sunlight were penetrating through the glass, causing the pale walls to gleam. The wooden tables and chairs were scattered across the middle of the restaurant while booths lined the walls. There were a total of three customers in the building, two out of three which had already received their meals. As you made your way to the third customer, curiosity began to spark within you.

From the back, the customer didn't appear to be showing any of their face. The person was wearing a black scarf and black fedora hat. As you made your way around the booth, giving yourself a view of their front, you noticed the black shades they'd paired with the outfit. Like you'd guessed, since the black scarf was covering the bottom half of the person's face, no portion of their features were visible to you. However, as a means to avoid being rude, you adjusted your face to hide your curiosity.

"Good evening," you greeted cheerfully, whipping out your pocket-sized notepad, "My name is Y/N! I'll be serving you tonight. Do you need a moment to look at the menu or are ready to order?"

When the person tilted their head up, you could feel their gaze on your face. A black, gloved hand reached up and pulled the scarf down slightly, revealing a wide smile. "I'm not here to order food, actually, but thank you." At the sight of the person's pearly white teeth and recognizable grin, your heart immediately soared within your chest. Eyes wide, you let out gasp before smiling widely.

"Michael!" You whispered enthusiastically, "You came!" Looking around for a brief moment, you made sure your boss was out of sight before tucking your notebook into your apron pocket. You, then, slid into the booth across from him, eyes gleaming with immense joy. It had been a few weeks since you'd last spoken to Michael in person. Furthermore, it was rare for him to take the time to visit you while you were out in public.

Six months prior, you and Michael developed a close relationship and eventually decided to begin dating. As someone who was in the public eye, Michael loved that you were his window to what a normal life was like. All of his previous girlfriends had been, in some shape or form, involved in well-known industries. Whether those industries involved fashion, music, or film, it was typical for his girlfriends to be accustomed to the public attention. You, however, just happened to meet him in an antique store. Upon seeing you, he was immediately attracted to your outer beauty, but he figured you would treat him like the rest of the world did: As Michael Jackson the entertainer. However, when he approached you shyly, you did the exact opposite. Of course, you were aware of who he was, but seeing him in person didn't overwhelm you.

You were instantly fascinated with his normality. He'd approached you like a normal person, the two of you began a lengthy, charming conversation, and phone numbers were exchanged. Between the two of you, things proved to work quite simply. Yet, the feelings you had for one another remained complex. Given that the two of you lived in two separate worlds, a wide range of feelings were constantly exchanged. When you were together, the pair of you expressed curiosity about each other's lives and amusement when your moods grew playful. When you were apart, you experienced anguish from missing one another and loneliness from lacking companionship. Luckily, however, both of you were blessed enough to have telephones. Your lengthy telephone conversations were making your bills skyrocket, but it was worth the price, given that you could talk to the man you'd grown to deeply admire.