Red Carpet Competition

You were in the spotlight before you met Michael. As a child actor, you became known as "America's Angel". As you grew, many men desired you because you were so gorgeous.

Of course, Michael had your heart and you had his. Yet, that didn't stop men from flirting with you from time to time. Most of the time, this happened when you went to events with Michael. Those were the main times you were in the public eye and had a lot of people around you.

"Y/N! Michael! Look here!" A photographer screamed.

"Look to the left, Michael!"

"Y/N! Show us that gorgeous face, angel!"

"You both look stunning! Look here!"

You and Michael stood in front of the many photographers on the red carpet. You always got a little uneasy in these situations, even though you'd been doing it for years. It was always a comfort to have Michael there with you.

As you both moved down the carpet, the photographers got louder and more overwhelming. You tried to obey their commands, but it became too much to bear. Trying to step to the side, you nearly tripped. Michael quickly grabbed your waist and prevented you from falling. You quickly recovered, but you were slightly shaking. Michael was the only one to feel this, so he rubbed your back as you posed.

"Woah there, Y/N!"

"Be careful, angel!"

"Nice catch, Michael!"

Michael tightened his grip on your waist and you both moved again. As you stepped to the side, Michael whispered, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, it just got a little overwhelming."

"I know how you feel."

You two took your last moments on the carpet before finally stepping off. He rubbed your back and kissed your cheek.

You spotted Quincy talking to Diana Ross, so you both headed over there. As you trailed behind Michael, someone grabbed your hand.

"Y/N, how are you?" your friend George Michael asked.

"Oh, George! It's so great to see you! I haven't seen you in ages!" You said and hugged him.

"You look gorgeous tonight," he said.

"Thank you," you blushed.

"Y/N," a male voice called.

You look back to see Bobby Brown headed toward you.

"Hello, Bobby," you greeted.

The three of you talked for a second. You could sense the lust in both of their eyes.

"Man, Mike's a lucky man huh?" Bobby asked.

"Yes, and I love him," you replied.

"Y/N?" Michael suddenly appeared behind you.

Both men looked at Michael.

"Hello George. Hello Bobby. How are you two?" He asked.

"Pretty good. Yourself?"

"I'm good, thank you."

You looked back and forth between your man and the two flirting with you. They all were friendly with each other, but you could cut the tension.

"Diana wanted to see you," Michael said.

"Oh, okay! I'll see you two around!" You waved.

They both nodded and walked off.

As you and Michael walked away, you giggled into his chest.

"I always have to worry about men flirting with you," he said.

"They're just friends. Trust me, if they started to really flirt, I would've cut the conversation cold-turkey."

Michael smiled and wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"Y/N! You look beautiful, angel!" Diana greeted.

"Nowhere near as beautiful as you!" You responded and hugged her.

"I'm just so happy you and Michael are together. You really are a beautiful couple. I couldn't see him with anyone else."

"Thank you, Diana. You have no idea how much that means to me."

She pulled you off to the side.

"I saw what happened over there," she said playfully.

"Yeah, he gets protective. I like it because it shows he cares."

"He does. You can't help it though! Look at you!"

You blushed and thanked her again. Diana giggled and pointed behind you. You looked back to see Tony Toni Toné looking at you. They smiled and winked. You simply held up your hand to flash your engagement ring. They quickly stopped and Diana laughed.

~~~~

"Babe, you know you're my number one right?" You asked.

"Of course I do. You did a good job at putting them in their place tonight," Michael replied.

You blushed.

"Oh, you saw that?"

"Yes," he laughed.

"Well, at least we both know how to mark our territory," you smiled.

He kissed you.

"Yeah, we do."