With The Power of Lavender

NOTE: Hello, my lovelies! It's been a while! I felt bad about not giving you anything for so long, so I wanted to give you something you hadn't seen before.

This is something different. This was an outtake from a potential book I was working on back in early July of this year. I had an idea for fantasy romance story that was set in a majestic city named "Arcana". I didn't continue with the story, but I did enjoy the little bit that I wrote for it. I've replaced the main character's name with "Y/N" for the sake of this particular book. Though this content isn't exactly new for me, I'm happy that it will be something new for all of you!

This is my first time adding music for a chapter! I highly recommend playing it while you read the story! Now sit back, relax, and allow yourself to be swept into the majestic world of "Arcana". Enjoy, my loves!

~~~~

Y/N

Y/N

Magic was not something that everyone was blessed with the ability to perform. To possess the potential to carry out spells, one needed to have magic in their blood. When two partners conceived a child—no matter if one or both of them possessed magical blood—the child was guaranteed to inherit the ability. However, the dominance of magical blood did not come with commonness. In fact, especially in Arcana, it was rare to come across anyone of magical blood. As magical humans mixed and mingled with non-magical humans, the trait dwindled as time passed.

The magic got weaker with each new generation. People of half-blood, or even quarter-blood, magic had a harder time summoning the magic within them and executing spells, which was a devastating price for the magical community. Less people practiced magic as it grew more difficult to maintain.

~

After pulling back the satin curtain that separated the streets from the inside of my tent, I felt something drop across my shoulders. Releasing a gasp, I glanced at my right shoulder, only to sigh when I spotted Luce, my small white Python.