Sibling Interruptions

"Dunk, you've gotta tell me more!"

"It's nothing, really! I think he's cute. He might be interested. That's it!" She smiled.

You were spending quality, sister-time with Janet. You often found yourself torn between Michael and Janet. Though the whole family loved you and wanted some time with you, Janet was more persistent with her demand for girl time.

"You've gotta tell me about you two! He's being good to you, right?" She asked, referring to you and Michael.

"Yes, we're great. Amazing, actually. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me! I can't believe we've known each other since we were kids and it just escalated into . . ."

"Into playful days and busy nights," Janet finished.

"Dunk!"

"What? I'm just saying."

You blushed and face palmed.

"Anyways, I'm glad you two are doing so well. You two are an inspiration for me and my love life. You never fight!"

"Well, I wouldn't say that."

She narrowed her eyes and leaned back.

"What is the last thing you two fought about?"

"Whose turn it was to make the bed."

"Y/N, you've got to be kidding me!" She exclaimed.

"I know! It was his turn, but he insisted that it was mine!"

"Y/N, just stop. Please. You're not providing any information to prove your point. You two don't fight. Period."

The bedroom door opened and Michael poked his head in.

"I thought I heard you two up here," he smiled.

"Michael!" You smiled brightly.

"Mike, can you leave?" Janet asked.

His eyes narrowed as he faced his little sister.

"Nice to see you two, Dunk."

He opened the door completely and leaned against the doorframe.

"We're kind of having sisterly bonding time and your presence ruins it."

"What? How?" You asked, staying neutral as you glanced at both siblings.

"You guys get all cuddly and mushy, and I don't  need unpleasant dreams tonight so . . ."

"You love her so much, but you wouldn't know her if it weren't for me," Michael challenged.

"How about we have a brother-sister-girlfriend bonding day?" You smiled.

"Not necessarily, Mike. Since she was a child star, I still had the chance of meeting her on the red carpet anyway," Janet replied to him, ignoring you.

You rolled your eyes, preparing for the petty sibling fight that was escalating.

"Just go, Mike. She's mine right now," Janet smiled.