Children of Japan

The sunset produced outrageously beautiful colors in the sky. Above the clouds, it looked like you were in heaven. You played with your hair and admired the view out the window.

"We should be landing soon," Michael said from next to you.

"Okay. I know I've said this about every country we've been to, but I'm so excited. Japan? I've been dying to go there."

"How many countries had you traveled to before the tour?" He asked.

"I'd never left the United States until meeting you."

Michael's eyes widened.

"Really? Not even Mexico?"

"Nope."

"Well, I'm glad you're getting this chance to see the world!"

"You have no idea how thankful I am for this. Really, thank you. I'm so happy you brought me on this tour."

"It wouldn't have been the same without you."

"We will be experiencing some minor turbulence. Please make sure to buckle your seat belts," a voice over the speaker said.

You sighed and closed your eyes. You hated turbulence. Michael wasn't too fond of it either, but he'd flown a lot more than you. He grabbed your hand and rubbed your knuckle with his thumb.

"It'll be over soon," he said.

You nodded, eyes still closed.

~~~~

"Okay, the crew will unload everything first. The crowd is intense, so we need to go fast," Frank said.

"The fans are here already?" You asked.

"Yeah. Thousands of them."

"Do they know where we're staying?" Michael asked.

"Not at the moment. We plan to take a tricky route to confuse them. This will prevent them from following us to the hotel."

"Oh Frank, you know I don't mind them being there. I love them dearly."

"Yeah, but we also love sleeping dearly. We won't get any sleep with them screaming your name all night."

Michael nodded understandingly.

"Frank?" Someone called.

"I'll be back," Frank said before walking away.

"Well, at least there going an extra mile to make sure we're safe," you said.

"Yeah. I do understand his complaint about lack of sleep. I love them, but the screaming prevents us all from sleeping."

You nodded.

"Okay, we're exiting the jet," Bill said.

The whole experience seemed like a blur. As you and Michael ran down the ramp, deafening screams erupted from the crowd. People of all ages held up signs and flowers. You both waved briefly and the screams got louder. When you finally entered the car and shut the door, you both let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm used to being out with you, but that was intense. They're all so lovely, though," you said.

"That crowd was a lot bigger than usual, especially for the airport," Bill replied.