Scary Movie Nights

You scooted closer to Michael as suspenseful music started to play. He put his arm around you, knowing you were getting scared. The music continued to build up and you tensed up. Once the jump scare finally came, you jumped ten feet into Michael.

"Y/N, calm down. It's only a movie," he laughed.

"You know I get jumpy at those parts," you defended.

He giggled and put his hand over your head, leaning you into him.

"There's no need to be scared. I'm here," he assured with a hint of teasing in his voice.

"Don't make fun of me! You wanted to watch this!" You pouted.

"I know, I know. Just hold onto me, okay?" He said.

You nodded. Nightmare on Elm Street was a good movie, but you just couldn't sit still with the thought of something killing you in a dream. You cuddled impossibly closer to Michael and he rubbed your head.

~~~~

After what seemed like forever, the movie was finally over.

"So, how did you like it?" He asked.

"It wasn't...too bad."

He laughed loudly.

"Oh, Y/N. I've never seen you so scared!"

You blushed.

"There were just too many jump scares, okay? Other than that, it was really good," you responded.

"Mhmm," he smiled, "C'mon, let's get to bed."

"No!" You yelled, stopping to realize how loud that was and how surprised Michael was at your sudden outburst.

You quickly composed yourself.

"Why?" He suddenly smiled.

"I'm not tired."

"Are you scared?" He said in a teasing tone.

"No! I'm just not tired."

"You also don't lie very well."

"I'm a fantastic liar...but I'm not lying now. You would know if I was. I'm not-"A yawn interrupted your speech.

"You sure about that?" He asked, completely amused.

"Positive."

He laughed and said, "Okay, then. Maybe we can watch some more TV in the bedroom until we get tired. How about another scary movie-"

"No! No more scary movies!" You exclaimed.

"Why not, Y/N? I thought you weren't scared."

You groaned, knowing he had you cornered.

"Fine, I'm tired. Let's go to bed," you said.

He laughed and took you by the hand. You both walked upstairs and got in the bed.

~~~~

It was past two in the morning and you still hadn't gotten any rest. The movie really did freak you out. You looked over to see Michael sound asleep.

Why did I watch this at night? You asked yourself.

You turned over, trying another position when a certain noise made you jump. It sounded like the screeching of sharp knives running against a chalk board. You quickly sat up and the noise stopped.

After a minute, you laid back down. The screeching started again and you felt fingertips run up your leg. You screamed at the top of your lungs and jumped out of bed. At the speed of lightening, you blasted down the hallway. You panicked when you heard footsteps behind you.

"Y/N!" Michael called.

You took a pillow and swung it in the direction of the noise.

"Ow! Babe, it's me! It's me!" Michael laughed, grabbing your arms to keep you still.

You immediately stopped.

"Michael? That was not funny!" You whined.

"I'm sorry. Come here, I'm sorry."

He pulled you into him, rocking you back and forth.

"I just wanted to give you a little scare," he explained, still giggling.

"That freaked me out! You'd better stop laughing."

"I'm not laughing," he laughed.

You rolled your eyes and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry, baby," he apologized.

You nodded.

"You know I like to scare you," he said.

You tried to hold back a smile.

"Don't be mad at me."

You looked at him and attempted to keep a pout. Unfortunately, you couldn't help but smile. He smiled.

"You really did scare me, but I should've known I had it coming," you laughed.

"Yep," he laughed.

"Can we actually get back into the bed?" You asked.

"Yeah, let's go."

He put his arm around you and you made your way upstairs.

~~~~

Michael wrapped his arms around you, knowing you were still tense. You relaxed under his touch.

"What time is it?" You asked.

Michael lifted his head to read the time.

"6:00. Have you gotten any rest?"

"Yes. I just woke up. Have you gotten any rest?"

"Yes. I'm glad you were able to fall back to sleep."

You laughed.

"Yeah, it took me a while though."

He rubbed your arm, "We won't be watching scary movies anytime soon."

"No, I want to."

He lifted his head to look at you.

"I liked Nightmare on Elm Street. Let's just make sure not to watch it at night next time."

"Seriously?"

You nodded. Michael smiled and shrugged.

"Okay, if you're fine with it."

~~~~

The next three days, you both watched Stephen King's It, The Shining, and Poltergeist. The next three nights, Michael gave you a minor heart attack.