"Sing With Me"

Ever since you were young, you loved to sing. Though you never pursued it, the talent stuck with you. You purposely kept it to yourself because Michael would go nuts if he found out you could sing. Of course, he would love your talent, but he would want you singing all the time. The reason you didn't pursue music was because of your stage fright. You never got over the fear of singing in front of people.

You sat backstage, admiring Michael as he rehearsed each song multiple times. He was such a perfectionist. When something seemed perfect to you, he still found something he wanted to fix.

As it got closer to showtime, the air outside got nippy. Just as you shivered, a giant coat was placed over you.

"Here, it's getting chilly," Michael said, placing his varsity jacket over your shoulders.

"Thank you," you smiled up at him.

He helped you get your hands through the sleeves and pulled your hair out the collar.

You looked him over briefly. He was already dressed in his shiny, buckled outfit for the show. You were wearing your normal half-up scrunchie style with his oversized coat and high-waisted jeans. In other words, he looked like a million dollars next to you.

"Look at you, all stage-ready and handsome. Look at me, I look like a pile of noodles," you said.

Michael giggled and said, "You always look beautiful."

You smiled.

"I have to run to the bathroom. I won't be long," you said.

He kissed your cheek and nodded. You hurried to the nearest restroom.

Once you finished your business, you washed your hands and started to sing I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

You got so into it that you finished the entire song by singing in the mirror.

Once you stepped out, you looked around to see no one outside the door. You sighed, relieved that no one was listening. You walked back to meet Michael.

"Michael?" You called.

"Y/N!" He greeted you from around the corner.

"What's wrong?" You asked about his sudden excitement.

"Was that you singing in the bathroom?" He asked.

You froze. Someone heard you. Not just someone, but Michael. You didn't know what to do.

"Um, I, uh...."

"That was you, wasn't it? Oh, Y/N, you have talent! Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

You sighed.

"I never pursued it. I've had stage fright since I was a little girl."

"You really can sing."

"Thank you, Michael. I appreciate that."

"You know, the best way to get rid of stage fright is to face it."

You looked him in the eyes.

"Sing with me, Y/N. Sing I Just Can't Stop Loving You with me."

Your eyes widened.

"No, Michael. It's too last minute, that's Sheryl's job, and no one will know who I am!"