Starry Nights and Super Soaker Fights

The night was young, but Michael's reading got old. You knew he was a nerd, but he read almost every night. As much as you loved to read, you desperately wanted his attention. You scooted next to him and put your head on his shoulder.

"I wuv you," you smiled childishly.

He giggled.

"I love you too, Y/N."

You pouted when he didn't take his eyes away from his book. So, you tried a new tactic.

You laid your head in his lap and smiled at him. He moved his book, shook his head, and smiled at you. You grabbed one of his hands and put it on your head. He smirked, getting the message. As he held the book with one hand, he rubbed your head with the other. This relaxed you for a while, but eventually you got bored again.

"Did you have a good day today?" You asked.

"Yes."

"Are you enjoying that book?"

"Yes."

"It smells old."

"Ye-" he stopped to look at you.

"Is it old?"

"I've had it since 1976."

"So it's old."

"I'm really enjoying this book, Y/N."

"I'm glad!"

"I'd love to read it without interruptions."

"Oh, okay."

He smiled gently and continued reading.

After four minutes passed, you got up and walked around the couch. You arrived behind Michael and began touching his hair.

"Your hair is so curly! I just love it so darn much! It's so long and fun to style. You wear it in one ponytail all the time! Have you ever considered wearing it in two ponytails?"

Michael continued reading.

"I guess not."

You yanked out his hair tie. As he continued to ignore you, you put his hair in two ponytails.

"All done! This could be a new look for you! You should wear this style on the tour! You'd look adorable!"

He was facing away from you, but you could tell he was slightly smiling.

"You know, that book is really old and crusty. It must be an outstanding story for you to keep it all this time."

As you stood behind him, you could tell that he wasn't going to speak to you anytime soon. So, you walked over to the window and opened the curtains. The moon was full and the stars lit up the sky. It was a beautiful, clear night. When you opened the glass door, warm air hit your face.

"Can you at least come outside with me? It's such a magical night."

Michael looked up and glanced outside.

"Once I finish this chapter," he finally spoke.

You frowned and he went back to reading. Once you felt like he was partially distracted, you ran over and snatched the book.

"Hey!" Michael yelled, looking up.

You laughed and ran outside. Michael quickly stood up and chased after you. As you ran around, he stayed right behind you. When you finally turned a corner, he lost you.