CHAPTER # 2

CHAPTER # 2

Xavier POV:

I ran to her in time to hold her waist and my other hand reached for the paper weight in her hand. As expected, being a fighter she used the edge of the desk with her feet to push herself backwards making me collide with the wall and shelves. God that really had a sudden and painful impact on my back. The files on the shelves were all scattered in the office.During this the paper weight from her hand landed on the floor with a loud thud, between Roman's thighs near his manhood.

Gosh... that was really close. She seriously wanted Roman to say goodbye to his manliness. She was not joking at all.

Thinking to make her agree to talk I hold up my arms in surrender and said,'' let's talk.''Roman lifted himself of the floor with some difficulty and said while groaning.'' where is Sarah?''

Stella looked at him with furious eyes which again did something to me despite my hurting back. ''she was in Texas where her grandmother has recently shifted to, with Sarah's friend Ben as neighbour'' she said calmly like nothing happened and we were silently groaning because of constipation.Roman being possessive can't help but clench his jaw at the mention of a man's name.

Stella smirked and while pointing her beautiful chubby finger with red nail color at him she said,''you have lost the right to give that look by not being a faithful husband and a faithful father. Instead of taking care of your wife who is going to give you the most precious gift of God, waiting for your child's arrival in this world and experiencing his kicks by caressing your wife's baby bump, you are going around being drunk in the bars and having fun with women.''

Roman couldn't contain his frustrations and exclaimed,''she didn't give me a choice!''

''no Roman it was you who didn't give her a choice. She loves you so much that instead of being angry at you and beating the shit out of you, she left to save you from her wrath and to save your child from suffering due to her depression of being with a cheater.'' she said calmly and seriously making her words sinking deep in Roman's mind leaving him shocked and confused.

''she told you the truth but you being selfish couldn't understand it. She can't be with you because of you, because of this.''she said and then took an envelope which was under the newspapers on the desk. Throwing the envelope at him she continued,''have a look at your sins and tell me one thing. Do you think your wife and your son will ever be proud of you?''

That envelope had lots of pictures of naked Roman and his secretary Isabella in many compromising positions and when Roman and I had a close look at those pictures we found that they were not photoshoped their faces were clear there was no blurring and they were bright like they were doing all these things with lights on. They were so clear that even I began to doubt my friend that maybe he had a past with Isabella because she was appointed after his marriage and these pics must be of the time before his marriage.Roman was shocked and tried to explain,'' but how is this possible I met Isabella for the first time during her interview in my office. I swear she was not in my past and I never cheated on my wife before she left me.'' he looked between me and Stella trying to explain himself to us.

Then he looked at the pictures and looked broken,'' my Sarah must have been hurt so much. No wonder she left me all of a sudden.''

''well you are just looking at the cake not the cream and icing on it.'' Stella said with a sarcastic smile and handed him the newspapers she brought earlier increasing his pain causing him to drop himself on his chair with his head lowered and sagged shoulders. At that moment a powerful buisness man and billionaire looked utterly defeated for the first time in his life and there was no one to blame for it but himself. Much to my annoyance Stella made an attempt to increase his pain. Can't she see that he is already in so much pain and regret?