CHAPTER # 12

I WANT TO DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO  

Xavier's POV:-

Right then, I was in my conference room having a love meeting which was, of course, about my love Stella, my baby girl. Her friends were sitting on one side of table and their husbands were sitting on the other side.
"Why are we sitting opposite to our own wives and not beside them? What is the point?" Asked frustrated Lucas as he couldn't even sit without his wife beside him.
" as you all know I have called all of you for something very important regarding my life. " I started.
" I have called all of you here to have a love meeting. "
" what!" They said in unison.
" yes! A love meeting because last night I realized that I love Stella and I want to make her fall in love with me so that I can have her by my side for the rest of my life "
" then confess your love for her, what is the meaning of this love meeting?" asked Sarah.
" well, as you know I am a business man so when I realized that I love her but then,I didn't know what to do. So, I called a love meeting to know what are her likes and dislikes? That is why  you all are sitting opposite to your wives as they are the ones she cares about and you are on her hate list." I clarified to them.

 " now tell me what are the things she likes starting from her favourite colour".  I asked her friends while proceeding to write it on the white board at the corner of the room. " she didn't really tell us specifically but most of her dresses and her favourite comforters are of purple color ". I wrote purple on the board. " she likes vanilla milkshake " said Sarah.

" well about that, I know very well of her obsession to vanilla milkshake". I said with a smile after which I heard a gasp from my friends. I looked at them to find them shocked " Xavier, you are smiling man! " said Lucas. " So what! I am in love and did you forget, you were smiling like a joker when you were in love with Amelia ", I said.
" yeah man! I remember. Being in love is the most wonderful feeling in the world ". Lucas said staring at his wife with love, making her blush.
I got jealous of them." Lucas! It's time to focus on my love story not yours. " I said.
"Someone is really in love" teased Roman.
" Back to the topic everyone ". I said.
" Tell me more about my baby girl. " I asked the ladies ignoring fake coughs and gasps of my friends when I said my baby girl.
" I think we all can't give you complete information about her as we also don't know her completely as she is kind of closed off and secretive person ". Said Sarah.
I sighed and said," Why don't you give me a brief summary of your friendship with her? How you all became friends with her?  What kind of friend she is? ".
Amelia started," she is a very good friend, protective and caring. She doesn't show much emotions on her face,always talks with a serious, straight face but it is not hard to tell that she is a good human being. She is the only person in the world that you can trust and depend on and she will not ask you anything in return. She never told any of us that she loves us or she really cares about us but we all love her so much. When we used to tell her this, then she would just say a thank you. She is complicated because she is secretive yet you are compelled to trust her that she will never hurt you and always protect you no matter what. It's kind of weird isn't it?" She looked at Amanda who continued, " when we were in school, she was a new student and we three were friends, she was always alone, studying alone, eating alone but it never bothered her because like other lonely students she never approached anyone. All the people thought that she had a big ego because she was top scorer in every test despite she never volunteered to answer any of the teacher's questions. After a week of observing her we decided to take the first step,she was eating alone on her usual spot near the window. We approached her and introduced ourselves. We offered her to join the group as like many other students we were impressed by how she handled her bullies,she gave logical answer to their questions which annoyed them and they felt insulted. When they tried to harm her physically she would run out of the premises of the school. But they followed her, then she would literally break their bones and send them to hospital. She was not even called to principal office as she did it out of the premises of the school.''
I was shocked to hear that and felt proud of her.
She continued, '' when we asked her to be our friend she said yes immediately. Since then she had been with us as a caring and loyal friend. Whenever we thanked her she would just equalize her good actions with the fact that we approached her and offered her to be our friend first. She is very good in returning the favor and excels in it,even if it is good or bad.''

Sarah continued the story,'' remember the prom night, girls. We were all asked out by popular and hot guys of school while the most popular and good looking guy of our school asked Stella to be his date but she refused him by simply saying a no.'' I was fuming with anger but instantly relaxed on hearing the No. However my friends were furious with their clenched fists at the mention of prom night and hot guys.
All this didn't affected Sarah who was reminiscing the past and said, '' instead she asked a nerd boy who was bullied once by that popular guy and was also rejected mercilessly by his crush Kelly, the cheerleader.''
Amanda said, '' yeah, I remember it was a hot news of the school that Stella refused Ben and asked Kevin to be her date. And at the prom night she gave him a makeover as he was unrecognizable, they were awarded prom king and queen . Kevin was so happy and after beating Ben to become prom king he became a confident guy. We thought after this they would end up together but when Kevin asked her to be his girlfriend she refused him. We asked her about it as we were so much confused by all this. She said that she didn't want someone whom she needed as she wanted someone who needed her, who would be dependent on her. Since then she asked many men out on a date and refused all the men who asked her out. She likes to plan the date, likes buying them gifts and helping them in one or another way, through her counselling, and then learning from their life experiences. She is really good in keeping all of their secrets. She never told us the details of her dates''.
Roman said, '' yeah, she took my cousin on a date and it really changed him. He was depressed for some reason but never told anyone about it, ignored our questions by his smiles then after the date with Stella he was no longer depressed.'' Then I remembered what she wrote about him on her soft board.

''the thing I learned from him,

How to always smile genuinely when there is storm inside you.''

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Sarah's voice,'' she has a soft board in her room with pictures of her dates, gifts and a sticky note saying the things I learned from him. God! Those sticky notes are riddles only she can understand them. Surprisingly she never took a guy on second date and never had a single boyfriend. When we talked to her about it she said they were not madly in love with her. It was not like they couldn't live without her.We were confused by all the things she said. That was why we never asked her about that.''

I was starting to understand her or maybe I know her better than her friends. I asked her friends.'' does she ever said anything about me?'' Sarah answered me,'' I told you she is very secretive about her feelings and if we ask her she will confuse us so we have no choice but to drop that topic. She never told us about her views of other people except our own husbands as it was important for us to know. She never said anything about you not even a complaint or angry remark. She only said that you are an asshole like your friends.''
Roman exclaimed '' How can she insult our friend who loves her and us at the same time?''

Ignoring him Amanda asked me,'' Xavier, what do you think about her? How is she?''